The Meanest Character in Films or TV - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
The Meanest Character in Films or TV

I think Big Nurse from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest would win the title, hands down. Psychological pain is worse than physical pain. That's why she wins over:

Annie Wilkes, the "biggest fan" in Misery , who comes in second. Talk about physical pain!

I'm not voting for characters like "Hannibal, the Cannibal." He's just sick, really sick!

I think Marie does a great job making life miserable for Raymond's wife, not as mean as my step-mother-in-law, but enough to make me dislike the actress who played her!

Who's on your list?

Honorable mention. I don't like Hotchner on Criminal Minds at all! There's no doubt; if he ever smiled, his face would crack into a few hundred pieces! He's a downer.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Psychological pain is worse than physical pain....
Whoever said this has never been hit in the wedding tackle with a cricket stump .

Seriously, the actors who can play the bad guys convincingly are some of the best in the business, I could never dislike someone who could do that.

Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest at the creepy villain roles.

As for characters, Lector was just incredible. Just pure evil. Perfectly played by Hopkins. Sick is right Jeanie, but wow, you gotta hand it to him.

Another is Joachim Pheonix playing the baddie (can't remember his name) in Gladiator. Again, utterly convincing.

Oh and who can forget Sideshow Bob.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hugh, I said it, and I've had both. Four births with 24 hours in labor no anesthetic for the births qualifies me for one, and my in-laws qualify me for the other.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Cat Addict

Oh come on people.

The Wicked Witch of The West.

And those flying monkeys.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
I think Big Nurse from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest would win the title, hands down. Psychological pain is worse than physical pain. That's why she wins over:
Watched that movie After I googled what they were doing to his brain, it made me quite sad. To think people had to go through that
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I like Hotchner! He was in a comedy show (Dharma & Greg?) for several years before Criminal Minds.

Samuel Jackson plays excellent bad guys.

Tommy Lee Jones, Anthony Perkins, Gary Busey, Ian McKellen, Bruce Dern, Javier Bardem....

For women, Glenn Close.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Cat Addict

Cyril Ritchard in Mary Martin's Peter Pan!
Such an evil man to murder all the boys and keep the Wendy for their mother! When I was a child I had nightmares about him.

Sue

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Cat Addict

Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I just love that evil witch.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Another is Joachim Pheonix playing the baddie (can't remember his name) in Gladiator. Again, utterly convincing.
Commodus. *snicker-snort!* His name was another name for 'toilet' and I thought that hilariously appropriate!

I love actors who can play both roles (good and evil) convincingly; Jones, Hopper, Travolta, Hopkins, Jackson...
One whose skill really shocked me was when usually-plays-good-characters John Corbett played the role of a mentally deranged killer in The Messengers.
Mark Wahlberg also surprised me as a Bad Dude in Fear.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 AM
Banned

How could I have forgotten Samuel L. Jackson and Dennis Hopper. Both superb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page