Hi everyone, I'm back! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Hi everyone, I'm back!

I haven't been able to visit here for ages since I got a new job that keeps my crazy busy ALL the time. But this week I decided I have to take time for me every now and then to retain my sanity, and what better way to do it than with a visit to the cat forum? Cute kitty pics always cheer me up!

I still have my original two girls, Fern and Fergie, but hubby and I are about to adopt their mother Anissa. We were hoping to wait until we had our basement completely finished, but found out she's getting lonely at the shelter so 'Operation Anissa' only consists of walling off the crawl space so Fergie can't get back there and eat something that might kill her! (For those that don't know her story, she eats anything that fits in her mouth and has had surgery because of it, so we're extremely paranoid about leaving small or stringy things lying out!)

My brother had to put his diabetic cat Phantom to sleep this week. Poor little guy basically stopped eating two weeks ago, and they couldn't find anything wrong with him despite running every test they could think of. This week he started having trouble just walking in a straight line so they knew it was time. So sad.... he was their baby and I've shared a few tearful phone calls with my brother since it happened as he tries to cope.

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Cat Addict

Very cute icon kitty

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hi, Diana. Welcome back. I'm glad you're going to adopt Anissa. My sympathy to your brother. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Premier Cat

Aw, ((hugs)) for you and your brother.

Happiness that you, Ferg, Fern and soon their Mother Anissa will be regulars at CF again! What does Anissa look like? (does she look like your twins?)

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Cat Addict

Hey, we missed you !

Good news about momma Anissa! And condolences to your brother and family...so hard....

Glad the job is going well too - you are very lucky!

Fran
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back!

So sorry to hear about Phantom.

I might have missed this in the past, how is it that your girls' mother is available/at a shelter? Do you think they'll remember her?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Anissa and her 5 kittens were rescued in the spring of 2007. The 3 boys were all adopted pretty quickly, but the shelter had a lot of kittens at one time and not enough people adopting. So lucky me, a year later my girls were still there. Anissa has been there the whole time, and we've been talking about adopting her for the last year but couldn't in '09 because of me being out of work.

If this link works here's her petfinder picture: Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Domestic Short Hair - Orange And White | Montgomery, IL | Annissa

I'm not sure how the reunion will go - the girls haven't seen Anissa for three years. All the kittens had to be taken away from her because she was too emaciated to nurse them. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, but any thoughts on what might happen? She will obviously be brought into the house in a carrier, and we're thinking about letting Fern and Fergie come check her out in the carrier to see what happens.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

She's been there all this time? That's the one answer I didn't want to hear.

I think it's great you're going to adopt her. She has the sweetest little face.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Bless her heart. She's adorable.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Well I should add that she's never been kept in a cage. The shelter is run out of homes, so unless the cats are sick or brand new they aren't in cages. Anissa has been one of the basement cats pretty much since she got there, so we're actually wondering if she might get a shade lighter once we bring her home. It's not like the place is dirty and nasty, but it IS an unfinished basement in a very old home so a certain amount of dirt is unavoidable.

There's a window on the stair wall that she hangs out in, and if you walk down and stop in front of her with your back turned she will knead your shoulders....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page