Sigh...Autumn is here... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Sigh...Autumn is here...

After the bit of a heat wave of the last few days with temperatures close to 33, I stepped outside this morning and it was rather chilly at 13 degrees. Looks like I will be needing a coat before heading out to the Scarborough Bluffs today. And looking at the 14 day forecast on The Weather Network, it is supposed to be hovering around 15 degrees excepting a brief foray into 20 degree territory. I guess I just feel a bit bummed out because quite frankly, I am not ready for the winter. This has been a good summer for me. I went down to the EX for the first time in years last month and had a great time. The amount of hot days we had meant that I spent the most time at the beach than in the last 10 years. It was just a good summer and to be honest, I am not ready to let go...

To be honest, once winter does get here, I tend to accept it. There is beauty in freshly fallen, undisturbed snow on a clear morning. But what makes autumn my least favourite season is the time after the leaves are all down yet before the snow falls. That is probably the most drab and dreary time of the year. But, I am on my way out to the Bluffs to see how the fall colours are coming.

So am I the only one wishing that the summer was not yet over? I guess I can truly understand the thoughts behind the snowbirds. I could very well end up a snowbird myself when I retire!

~Melissa~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Jr. Cat

Summer is far from over here in Southern California. We are expecting triple digit temps today. No fun! After a mild summer, we might be in for more of these temps through October. I prefer cooler temps and snow!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Premier Cat

I'm in Mississauga...so not too far from you...and I was moaning about the loss of summer yesterday, when I saw the 14-day trend. Summer is NEVER long enough in our parts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Jr. Cat

It was 93 here two days ago, and it's currently 57 right now after some rain off and on the past couple of days. I am looking forward to fall - pending whether we get one since Mother Nature has a habit of skipping straight from summer to winter for us! I'm a fan of the cooler temperatures, personally.

Rach and "Mr T" (Tigger)

RIP Callie, my heart cat, 1992-2009
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Tom Cat

I'm a winter girl through and through, nothing beats cold nights and the trees changing colors and skiing on freshly falling snow..... Too bad I live in Southern ,Ca where it's supposed to be 100 degrees today I'll trade you.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I dread cold weather. It's hard to enjoy the changing leaves, knowing what's coming. I really love flowers, and it's hard to see them die.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Premier Cat

I love fall with its colors,cooler weather, and smells. This summer has been so long and hot that I am more happy than normal to see it go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Jr. Cat

I'm also a cold weather lover, and I'm soooo looking forward to autumn and especially winter. It's been stupidly hot here all month and finally it looks like the temperatures over the next several days will be lower!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

After breaking some records that were 120 years old with cool weather all summer, we're making up for it now. Of course we're having a heat wave the day I have to bring all FOUR girls in to the vet. It's not too bad in the house, but it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Jr. Cat

Earlier today it was 113 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, CA. It may have been higher, but the thermometer broke and it took a awhile to be repaired. It was up to 111 on the coast, i.e. Long Beach, other beach areas.

It sure is not autumn here, but it does prove that we do have weather is Southern CA, and this was a record-breaking day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page