Two Celebrities Gone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Two Celebrities Gone

Remember the elderly Rose who threw the blue necklace into the ocean in Titanic? That was Gloria Stuart.

Quote:
Death of Gloria Stuart
Gloria Stuart died from natural causes in her sleep at her home in West Los Angeles on September 26, 2010. Gloria Stuart was 100 years old at the time of her death.
And Eddie Fisher died, Carrie's father, who had quite a few hit records, and was married to both Liz Taylor and Debbie Reynolds.

Quote:
Death of Eddie Fisher
Fisher died on September 22, 2010, of complications from hip surgery at a hospital in Berkeley, CA. Eddie Fisher was 82 years old at the time of his death
Both quotes are from:

Recent Celebrity Deaths Famous Hollywood Week 2010 People, Dead Actors Today

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Kitten

R.I.P. to them both.

It is very strange though how Gloria died, since in Titanic Jack tells Rose she will die warm in her bed when she is 100.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

How unusual! I'm glad her prediction was fulfilled.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

Norman Wisdom died the other day. I never really found him that funny, but anyone who makes Queen Liz laugh at a formal occasion, gets my vote.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I didn't know his work, but it sounds as if he was a great slapstick comedian, somewhat like Dick VanDyke, or before our time, Charlie Chaplin.

Barry Cryer wrote:

Quote:
He was a formidable entertainer. Physically he might have been slight but as a performer he was astonishing and very skilled at slapstick.
Quote:

I saw Norman on stage many times and he was an incredible presence. I did a show with him at the Mermaid Theatre in London. It was a few years ago and he wasn't a young man even then. But Norman came on stage to enormous applause and then went to perch on the piano, but kept slipping off. So he went back to the side of the stage and took a run at the piano.

He dived, slid right across the top at speed and fell down the other side to enormous applause. There was no mattress or any cushioning on the other side, nothing to break his fall. But he got up to huge laughter.

I thought - you really are something.

It was just amazing.

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page