What's your "me" time? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

What's your "me" time?

What do you do for private/alone/"me time"? Besides playing or snuggling with kitties, of course!

Cool weather:
I take a hot bath. 99% of the time, I put in some sort of scented bubble bath, salts, oils, or fizzy tablets...whatever I've bought recently that was on sale. I take candy or a nibble-type treat and a book. I usually don't spend much more than an hour, because then the water starts cooling too much to be enjoyable anymore.

Warm weather:
Sit out on the patio. I live in a rural farm area, so I can watch all sorts of critters like birds, squirrels, butterflies...and feral cats. For this, I also take a snack with me, but not a book - it would distract me from enjoying the nature around me!
I usually do this in the evening, because the sun sets behind the lake and that's when the ferals come out more. Very rarely do I do it in the morning (sun rises over mountains on that side of the landscape), because...well, I like sleeping in! About the only time I wake up before sunrise is to go fishing...which is kinda another "me time" activity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Cat

I love a hot bath, with or without bubbles.

I love to curl up and read a good book.

Where I live there is a little nature trail behind us, sometimes I like to go by myself and walk, it's very peaceful and quiet.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Cool Cat

My most favorite things are: laying out with a good book, gardening during perfect weather, swimming when its warm, going for a walk in the sunshine...

I think there's a common theme here! Let's just say I'm a prime example of Seasonal Affective Disorder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Premier Cat

I have a "me-time" that occurs every day. Well, night. Um, early morning, to be exact.
I usually don't go to bed until after 2-4am, but before I go to sleep I always read a bit. 20-60min, depending on how tired I am or how good the book is at the moment. Malibu is usually cuddled on my belly/chest with my arms encircling her as I hold the book.
Other me-time is I will go out to the barn and hang out with the horse to groom her between 10pm and 2am. I have lights in the barn so everything is illuminated and my mare will happily munch her pellets as I groom her, check her hay, water and do any stall cleaning if I didn't do it during the daytime.
One of my favorite me-times is driving to do the shopping when I'm in my sportscar. I turn my music up and sing as loud as I like. Because I usually do the major shopping alone, I can sing as much as I want. I cannot sing well at all, so I usually only sing when I'm alone or if the radio is loud to drown my voice out.
This one is just ... odd. I like to mow the lawn on the riding mower. I consider it a part of me-time because it is a solitary activity, I enjoy doing it and immediately seeing the cut grass makes me feel good to make the yard neat/tidy.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Cat Addict

What's "me" time? *looks confused*

I have a job, and internship and am a full time student. In my free time I do homework. You can find me here on CF or Facebook once or twice a day when I take a five minute break or so. I wind down when I drive to and from school (45 min one way) and get to listen to music in the car.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, what I wouldn't give for a bathtub. This little house only has a shower.

Me time? With four cats?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q View Post
This one is just ... odd. I like to mow the lawn on the riding mower. I consider it a part of me-time because it is a solitary activity, I enjoy doing it and immediately seeing the cut grass makes me feel good to make the yard neat/tidy.
I love the smell of fresh cut grass (if there's not also the smell of exhaust to go with it, with clunky mowers). Since there's a field across the street, I also get lots of cut hay and alfalfa in spring and summer, too! Much better than the smell of cow "waste" from the other field! LOL
Thank goodness I ain't got hayfever/allergies!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Kitten

My me time hmm.

Cold weather:
Normally take a hot bath, laze around in a bath robe and watch DVDs or reading fashion magazines.

Hot weather:
Go for a walk by the river and feed the swan's.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

From now on, SLEEP! I don't allow kitties in bed as they have their own beds right next to me, but that doesn't stop then half the time when I'm already passed out... woke up this morning to Wesley who ate too fast throwing up RIGHT next to my head at 5AM, lol!

But otherwise, its always in "da macheens".

Ridin' the Strom:

Or workin' on or drivin' The Precious (460hp currently and 2600 watts of amplifiers heheh):

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Cat Addict

When the cats and me* hang out by the pool. Especially on Sunday mornings having coffee.

* I don't know Jeannie, it sounds ignorant to me (I ?)

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page