School shooting in San Diego - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

School shooting in San Diego

This time, it was an adult shooting at kids on a playground! What kind of suck **** does that?

A construction worker knocked into him with his truck and two other adults tackled him, took his gun and gave him a beatdown. The guy also had a gallon of gasoline, extra ammo, etc.

Two kids were grazed with bullets, but nothing serious, thank goodness.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Sick, just sick.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Cat Addict

Wow. Thats just sick. How messed up do you have to be to do something like that? Glad to hear no one was really seriously hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Tom Cat

honestly depends on if it was a teacher or not for me. I am somewhat surprised more teachers don't snap and go homicidal on schools with all the crap they have to put up with....
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Tom Cat

to elaborate before I get all hated on:

While in highschool...I remember what some of the students did to teachers. teachers have all the responsibilities and no control...

example:
One student didn't like the teacher so they put antifreeze in her soda and almost killed her

What happened to student....2 weeks suspension

His excuse:
He didn't think it would kill her just make her really really sick so they could get another teacher

Example 2:
Students praised and enjoyed publicly that the teachers sister died that week....

What could teacher do? nothing much

Student got: verbal warnings for disturbing class and then detention

What happened over all: most students took up the cause and constantly reminded teacher of what happened..

And these were just the classes I was actually IN...Other things happened in other classes but I wasn't actually there so I can't really say if it was true or not....

So yeah...those are my arguments on it....School system sucks...thats why you get these nutjobs comming out of the woodworks killing people

Students killing students because of horrible bullying....teachers killing students because of same thing...

hmm...perhaps we should focus more on the causes of why people are snapping rather then the result...maybe then it would stop happening so often

(middle school was not to such extremes but it wasn't a walk in the park either...and I was brought up in the "rich kid" school...can only imagine the rest of them)
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Tom Cat

Hope he rots in jail.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Thats because parents in the United States are overly protective of their little angels who never do anything wrong, and teachers are looked at with very little esteem and give no authority.

I went to school in Germany and Singapore, and let me tell you, that wouldn't fly for a second. For starters, they have three tiers of schooling starting 5th grade, so you'd likely jeopardize your future and be kicked down to the dummy school.

The guy must have been high or drunk though that unarmed citizens were able to disarm him so apparently easy. I wish more good law abiding guys would take the time and small expense and get CHL certified so that every loonie or thug with a gun doesn't have a godlike disproportionate level of force at their disposal.

We already know from the last school shooting where the police officers were ALREADY all on campus, but unfortunately the wrong side, that there are way too few cops but plenty of good guys compared to criminals/crazies.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasha View Post
Hope he rots in jail.
Yeah, unfortunately IMO, they don't have a capital punishment system no matter how horrible the offense.

So even mass children murderers just get a lifetime of free food, housing, libraries, TV, gym, and healthcare plan with dental, vision, and the works. Fine to teach most criminals a lesson, but in a case where some guy wants to shoot a bunch of our kids... IMO you forfeit those luxuries.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Tom Cat

True true
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Tom Cat

honestly I think they should use criminals as slave labor for society. Such as, making clothes and blankets for the poor. Something productive to pay back society for all the crap they have caused. Not that they COULD pay back a life with a blanket...but at least they would be a productive member of society and not just lechers. No pay, no tv, for exercize make em run on those stationary bicycles to power the sewing machines....yeah....maybe you can listen to the radio if you've made 1 million blankets or more....thats right....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page