question? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

question?

I have a question. Does anyone experience joint pain in your knees only and pain in your feet? I have horrible pain in my knees and feet only. When i sit for even 5 mins and get up it hurts to walk due to my knees hurting and very stiff. waking up in the morning i dread getting out of bed because it hurts to walk.Even if i sit normal and not cross my legs or just lay down still painful. Any opinions on this?

i have tried motrin taking vitamins. and it just gets worse and more annoying. i know no one is a dr. but just thought i would ask. you guys are so helpful with my cats why not.

Brooke, Proud mommy of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Cat Addict

I don't know your age but it could be arthiritis or rheumatism. Is it worse after rest and do the joints feel stiff?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

im 20 yrs old. and yes its worse after im sitting resting or sleeping.

Brooke, Proud mommy of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Cat Addict

Could still be one of those, especially with the stiffness..but of course I'm not a doc so would recommend you get seen by one
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you. Im trying to get medical insurance so i ca go. So we will see. I have had knee problems in the past but it was one knee and my joint would pop out of place and i couldnt move my knee and would have to pop it back it but hasnt down that for yrs now

Brooke, Proud mommy of

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Tom Cat

I'm 26 and I have had this problem since I was about 18 or 19, now its in my shoulders. I take glucosamine and condroitin and it helps dramatically. I have never been diagnosed with anything and believe me they have run every test in the book on me.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you RowdyandMalley. Im going to look more into that. I guess being a pet groomer and on my fit and lifting and wrestling with dogs all day doesnt help =/ Also i was getting ready to pm you about making me another sig with the updated pics of the kittens and the new ones of brenna? Let me know!

Brooke, Proud mommy of

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Cat Addict

I also have bad knees, and just this year my feet have started getting the sort of pain that you are talking about.

I am lucky because I have a friend who is a massage therapist who helps me out with my knees. I also went to a chiropractor because since my knees are all wonky it traveled up to my lower back. Both of those help a lot.

When the foot pain showed up I asked my friend what it was and what I could do. She said it's because I'm on my feet all day (dog trainer), and because I need new orthopedic insoles in my shoes.

I make sure to stretch every morning and every night, and doing low impact exercise helps my knees. Things like swimming and biking.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Cool Cat

My knees have started to be stiff/sore if I have them in one position for too long (30+ minutes). I'm only 32 years old!
After doing research for Paizly's arthritis, it seems that SynFlex is really good for joint care. It has 2 kinds of Glucosamine plus 20% Chondroitin, in liquid formula which is usually easier to absorb in your system than pills. It is a little pricey (for humans) at $30 for a month's supply.
Maybe you could try that? While glucosamine has not been scientifically/medically proven to do any good, lots of people say that it works fine.

EDIT: had to get my age right... tried to be 2 years younger! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page