I just put out food for Visitor Kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I just put out food for Visitor Kitty

He or she has been hanging around upsetting my spolied kitties. The first I saw of him was one night last week when I heard cat howling and Mia charged the pool screen cage. She takes a running start and hits the screen with her 2 front paws. The boom brought me outside.

Last night he was at the dinning room window and Mia did the same. He/she was unimpressed. He/she had her paws up on the ledge looking in. And absolutely beautiful young black cat. At first I assumed it must have a home here because she's so clean and beautiful and barely backed away when she say me. I tried to get a pic but the batteries on my camera were dead.

He was back again tonight and Mia managed to get her claw caught in the screen cage with her little charge. When I got a closer look he seems a little skinny so I left some of the old high cal food that's no longer appropriate for my chubettes out in front and back.

The furkids don't like him and now I'm going to encourage him to hang around. Probably not a wise choice since he's causing them stress but I can't resist helping out if he's lost or abandoned.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Premier Cat

I'm with ya, Dave. I am now encouraging TWO cats to let me care for them.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The Divas won't be happy but I worry about a black cat at Halloween.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Poor little black kitty, sure knew which house to go to.

I'd worry about the LBK this time of the year, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Premier Cat

One of the ones I'm caring for is a black kitty.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I guess the possum I've seen around has decided to move into the area and he likes the high cal cat food. I could hear something chowing down on the plate I left out in back but couldn't see what it was. Very loud eater to hear from my bedroom. When it went around the house I went to the front of the house and there he was polishing off another plate. The girls just watch him calmly.

I'll have to put out food for visitor itty earlier tomorrow.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Premier Cat

Can you put out the food for your visitor in a place where the girls will not be able to see him? This way he can get some food without causing a stir.

I don't care what others have said- you're a good man for feeding your new little friend.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Banned

You're much nicer than me. I literally just chased away two cats tonight. Wesley yaps a lot, sure, but we had tons of playtime, he had his favorite food, checked and litter box is immaculate, nothing stuck on his paws, palpated his tummy, but he would NOT shut up. Finally I figured out it was the cats outside that was making him spaz out, so I ran out making loud noises!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Even Blofeldt had a cat.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Tom Cat

You're doing such a great thing!
Do you think you will try to catch him?

I too always worry for black cats around Halloween. One of my babies is a black kitty and when I adopted him at the shelter, the lady told me a few horrible stories about black cats being tortured at Halloween. She said they don't allow any black cat adoption in the 2 weeks preceding Halloween to make sure nothing happens to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page