Gardening - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Gardening

Ok, I know this is a Cat Forum, but I also know quite a lot of people are into gardening here. Maybe I can get some help. I've never gardened in my life, but I really want to grow some spices. In particular, coriander and maybe dill and such. I bought a pot of coriander, and when it looked like it was getting too "mature", I snipped it off at about 1cm from the soil. But now it won't grow back. Is that normal? Will it ever grow again? The same thing happens with my pet grass - it starts growing "old" and yellows, then I cut it, and then it just dies. How can I get it to "respawn"?? I really really want to grow some plants here, but I just massively suck at it, it seems. I'll be happy for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Premier Cat

I looked for something on this spice, and it seems to be an annual, so that probably means that once it's been harvested the plant dies???? I'm not one who has a green thumb, I have my own serious plant issues. Here is the link to check it out for yourself.

How to Grow Coriander/Cilantro | eHow.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you for the link! It offered some nice tips. Point 4 though, said "Ensure a steady supply of leaves by sowing succession crops every three weeks until late summer." That means they should grow back?? I'm so horrible at this. Maybe it only grows in the summer? Anyway, I'm still not sure about my pet grass either. Why can't I ever get anything to re-grow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Evidently, it's an annual. In southern CA, unless you have a heavy frost, you can probably continue sowing it every three weeks.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page