Black Friday Ads released! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Black Friday Ads released!

I have already looked at what is going down at my favorite Black Friday stores. Does anyone else participate?

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Cat Addict

I participate by going to work and serving people lunch who are shopping. Yay. No shopping for me.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Premier Cat

I normally don't, but this year I'm considering it for one reason only.......a laptop! Hubby is tired of me using his! If you see a good deal on a laptop, please let me know!

I would LOVE an iPad, but I'm not sure about them yet. I've heard good things about image quality though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

I do black friday shopping, but in the comfort of my spongebob squarepants boxers with my feet kicked up on the computer desk. Luckily the mail-order industry has latched onto that marketing machine full force w/ lots of holiday sales.

I can't stand big shopping crowds and would probably go all Charles Whitman on everyone, lol! Always feels like I'm trapped in one of those zombie films.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It has been a tradition in my family to go out at 4am since I was a teenager. The crowds are horrible and the time sucks, but the deals are great and my sister, mom and I are together for it. My sister lives in Madison, WI so we don't see her as much as we would like.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Premier Cat

I dargged my poor step-daughter out one year to WalMart to get a Christmas tree. We had to had to park at the very edge of the lot and walk forever to get to the store. By the time we got into the store there were no more shopping carts so we then had to drag a HUGE box through the crowds. That cured me from ever wanting to Black Friday shop ever again!!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat View Post
I normally don't, but this year I'm considering it for one reason only.......a laptop! Hubby is tired of me using his! If you see a good deal on a laptop, please let me know!
Whats your budget? I'm an IT manager and slickdeals.net is actually my homepage, heh! I buy and service all the equipment for my extended family. Last X-mas, I bought eight netbooks for each household to much applause. Think they just like that its so light and small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat View Post
I would LOVE an iPad, but I'm not sure about them yet. I've heard good things about image quality though.
The iPad works, and it has a great library of software, build quality is excellent, but its a very closed garden platform with serious limitations, highly reflective screen due to the non-filmed gorilla glass used, and inside the case is literally just an iPod Touch in the leftmost corner with two large LiIon batteries in the center so is very overpriced from a hardware perspective (even for an Apple product).

Personally, I'd look at many of the other thin tablets releasing lately that are available w/ various OS's or go w/ one of the larger smartphone tablets like the Dell Mini 5 or HTC Evo.

Last edited by Ducman69; 11-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Banned

iPads are pointless. You don't get anything for your extra money.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Cool Cat

I tried to score toys and electronics for the grandkids two years and a row. Each time I came home cold, bleery eyed and empty handed. I'll never do it again. I high five y'all for your stamina and determination. I'm a shop at home gal and I love me some Amazon.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page