Check out this site - Right-Brained or Left-Brained? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Check out this site - Right-Brained or Left-Brained?

This is the weirdest thing. Look at the spinning woman on this site and see if you think she's turning clockwise or counter-clockwise. The weird thing is, two people looking at the same time will say different things, depending on how their brains interpret it. Some people also see it change suddenly, where others don't. What do you see?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/right-brain-v-left-brain/story-e6frf7jo-1111114603615

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

I see her turning clockwise.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Cat Addict

That was a strange little exercise. When I first looked at it, I thought "How could this be seen as anything but clockwise?"

Then suddenly it stopped and swung anti-clockwise.
About 10 seconds later - back to clockwise.
I am quite sure it wasn't just my perception - it really did change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Premier Cat

She was going to the left, so anti-clockwise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The weird thing is, it didn't. It was apparently your brain changing it for you, not the image actually changing. That happened to me too -- it changed back and forth a few times. A woman was looking at it with me at the same time, and she didn't see it change.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Cool Cat

My first impression was anti and as I was adjusting myself in my chair she spun clockwise.

Shari
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
NRD
Tom Cat

Seriously weird. I saw clockwise, clockwise, clockwise. Yet I am one of the most left-brained people I know. Finally, after almost five minutes, it changed to counter-clockwise. Then I was able to make it change back. The most fun part is trying to get it to change direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's funny, New Rescue, because I saw clockwise when I thought I was left-brained too, and then later it changed. The thing I wasn't able to do was make it change; it just changed on its own. I can't will it to change.

Someone said if you listen to music while watching it, it'll become counter-clockwise because you're using that part of your brain. I wonder if that's true??

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
NRD
Tom Cat

I'll have to try that later. As for consciously changing it, I focused on one feature, like a foot or the middle of her torso, and I could "feel" it change direction.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I just tried that and it didn't work. I can't "make" her do anything. Maybe this is a reflection of my personality more than my brain power!

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page