Dancing With the Stars/ Finals - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Dancing With the Stars/ Finals

It's hard to believe that Brandy, Sarah Palin's daughter, has been voted into the finals over Brandy and Max. Bristol was not a good dancer, although she had improved. Her body of work was not good.

I want Jennifer Grey to win. I believe she is, by far, the best dancer, and I don't know if she did any professional dancing since Dirty Dancing, the movie. I was not a fan of Brandy and Max, but they were consistently good.

Am I hinting that Sarah's constituency had something to do with this? Yep!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Premier Cat

Either that, or she's getting some fan sympathy because she's young and people don't want to see her cry. Either way, it's not a real reflection of her dancing. But we've seen this type of thing happen on American Idol. Let's not forget John Stevens, the 16-year old carrot-top crooner kid, who kept staying in week after week when he had no business being there.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Cool Cat

Although I've never watched the show (I know I know, don't chide me) I've heard it's more of a popularity contest and the dancing is secondary. Is this true?

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Shari, I doubt many viewers remember Jennifer Grey. That movie is old. She is just elegant!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Shari, I doubt many viewers remember Jennifer Grey. That movie is old. She is just elegant!
I just love Jennifer Gray. I wanted to watch the show just to see her but forgot.

Shari
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Premier Cat

For some reason or other, I never saw Jennifer in movie "Dirty Dancing"...guess I'll have to see it now. I do hope she wins. As for Sarah, yep mommie's consituents doing a lot of phoning. I heard a supporter say he called 300 times.....should be a limit on # of calls/person.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Premier Cat

There is a limit on how many times you can call. It changes based on the number of contestants, but not more than 11, or so. If that person truly called that many times he was able to get around the systems some how.

I kind of feel bad for Bristol. Even when she is trying to do something on her own she still has to deal with the spector of Momma hanging over her. Even though I believe she is working really hard she knows deep down that she shouldn't be in the finals.

I hope Jennifer Grey wins.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Did you hear about this guy? It's been all over the news:

Quote:
Cowan, 67, returned to his rural Wisconsin home after a few beers at the local bar to have dinner with his wife, Janice, before watching the bafflingly popular “Dancing With The Stars.”

When our favorite Tea Party progeny took the stage Cowan went into a maniacal frenzy spouting expletives about politics. Cowan’s wife bolted from the house and called the police who dispatched a SWAT team to talk Cowan out. The standoff lasted until early morning when Cowan finally conceded and was arrested.

Cowan’s wife claims he was upset that a political figure’s blatantly talentless daughter was dancing on TV. What Cowan failed to realize is that reality television production in centered on exploiting blatantly talentless people.

The talentless bug seems to be running rampant in the Palin family lately with the premiere of Sarah Palin’s Alaska”, an odd look at Sarah Palin’s relationship with wilderness. Bristol’s sister Willow also won accolades in the talentless department this week with her callous and homophobic comments on Facebook, referring to people who insulted the reality show “so gay” and “such a f****t.”

Willow should take care as to how she uses the word “f*****t”—there is bound be more than one Steve Cowan lurking around the back woods of America sipping Coors light-- Pabst Blue Ribbon with a double-barrel shotgun cocked back on his left shoulder.
After all the fuss Sarah Barraquiter makes when people say "retarded"......

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Cat Addict

Have you seen the 'safe sex' ad Bristol is doing with "The Situation" from Joisey Shore.

Kids do reflect on their parents.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Does that mean Bristol will stop half-way through the ad and just jump him??

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page