Prince William and Kate Middleton engagement. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Prince William and Kate Middleton engagement.

I love the fact that he gave her Princess Diana's ring. I think we are due for another royal wedding.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

I think the point where I ceased caring was when they said "Prince William and..."
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Premier Cat

If you were Kate, wouldn't you want your own ring? I think they could have paid tribute to Diana in some other way. I'm just sayin', every woman wants her own engagement ring no matter what the circumstances, don't you think?

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Cat Addict

I wouldn't have wanted it..seems weird to me that someone would want a dead woman's ring (unless it was like a family heirloom).
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
If you were Kate, wouldn't you want your own ring? I think they could have paid tribute to Diana in some other way. I'm just sayin', every woman wants her own engagement ring no matter what the circumstances, don't you think?
I don't see a problem with it. My mom's ring belonged to my dad's grandmother. Well... the rock did. They got it reset in a new band.

Plus, WHY should a guy shell out 2-3 months wages if there is a family ring or rock available? You can always get it reset for MUCH less than the cost of a new ring if you don't like it (and if it wouldn't cause too much of a hulabaloo in the family). Use the money that would have been spent on a new ring to put towards a down-payment on a house. Thats more functional than a shiny rock.

Though in the Prince's case, he does have access to a LOT of money and doesn't need to buy any houses. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if some people would saw their own foot off to own that ring.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Premier Cat

I obviously wish them luck, but other than that I don't give two hoots. I think the British royal family needs to be abolished.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Premier Cat

So what we're seeing so far on this thread is that Americans care about this a lot more than English people? What's that about?

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
So what we're seeing so far on this thread is that Americans care about this a lot more than English people? What's that about?
We don't have official royalty in the US... so it facinates us. That's what I think anyway.

Plus we aren't taxed out the wazoo for their extravegant lifestyles.

Oh wait... we have Senators and Presidents for that
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
1. They cost us money (OK, only a few coppers and it could be argued that they bring on a lot of tourism to make up for it, but even so, its the principal)

2. Why should a particular family be considered superior to everyone else in the country due to accident of birth?

3. Due to the royal family, we are not British 'citizens' but 'subjects' - again underlying the fact that these people are supposed to be superior to us.

4. The fact that we don't have a written constitution protecting our rights is due to the presence of the royal family.

Other than that, I have no problems with them at all

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Premier Cat

Ah-ha, so maybe it's easier to be infatuated with them from another country, where they have no ranking over us and we don't spend money on them.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page