be a vet tech in 4 months? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Question be a vet tech in 4 months?

can anyone tell me if this site is legit? really be a vet tech in just 4 months?

Last edited by marie73; 11-22-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

I removed the link. Obviously a scam. In four months and even if you're in high school?

Sorry, I didn't want anyone to be taken in by it.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Banned

There's a uni in America where you can buy a Phd. A chap called Ben Goldacre crapped all over one of these TV nutritionists (Gillian McKeith) by enrolling his cat at the same place she got her qualifications. Yup, his cat is now a DSc, and is just as qualified as this woman to dispense nutritional advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

I have made an error (passed onto me by my father) the cat doesn't have a PhD, she is a certified member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants. (Price of certificate: $60.)

What I also didn't know was that the cat (Henrietta) went over the bridge some time before she got her certificate.

So this McKeith woman has the same qualifications as a dead pussycat. (The PhD was bought as well by her, but the cat didn't get one).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
You need to go to tech school for at least 2 years if you want to be a certified vet tech. And even 2 years is pushing it- I have had a ton of credits every semester (16-18, and even more next semester). The curriculum is demanding, and there is just no way you could learn it all in four months. Even after earning your degree and passing the board exams, there is still a lot of training required to get you settled in and taught the 'ways' of the particular practice you work at. Some people say being a vet tech is almost as hard as being a vet- we do a ton of skills that vets don't always do, most importantly restraining, and also ear cleaning, nail trims, dental cleaning, wound cleaning, sutures and suture removal, surgical monitoring and assisting, wellness exams, client relations.... the list goes on and on and on! Vet Techs are an essential part of a vet practice and they need to be well trained!

I would not trust in the skills of someone who became a vet tech in a mere four months.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Premier Cat

OT Speaking of your father,how's he doing?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Mine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page