Anybody WoW? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Anybody WoW?

The member thread made me think of it. World of Warcraft! Anyone else?

I'm quite new, only one character, a lvl 35 Priest. Since the recent patch though, I've been having issues with being disconnected. It's very addicting, and you can bet that my cats let me know when I've been playing too long - by walking or sitting across my keyboard. They've killed me more than once!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Cat Addict

I have an 80 mage, priest, paladin and hunter but have been playing for ages I'm also having some issues sicne the shattering patch..no doubt yours will get fixed first, us on the EU servers always have to wait
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Cat Addict

I had a lvl 40 ranger a while back (almost 4 years ago I guess). But during the summer before my senior year of school WoW got corrupted on my machine and I didn't want to go through the HOURS it would have taken to reinstall so I just left it because I knew I needed all my focus to get through my senior year of school. I haven't picked it up since. I get addicted to a game for a few months but then it bores me.

I have picked up MUDing (text based RPG) since then but my interest in that has flagged as well. I really only get online to talk to my friends that still play. Though I currently don't have internet at home so that kinda stops me from doing this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Cat Addict

Oh, I've also played a few games of DnD as well. I'm not that good at it yet, only because I haven't been able to find a group to play with on a regular basis.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Cat Addict

Oh, FYI.

When I say RPG (Role Playing Games) I do not mean the naughty kind. I mean like Neverwinter Nights, WoW, etc.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Cool Cat

Yup! Been playing since vanilla. My main is an 80 human frost mage. I also have a massive army of alts, because I'm an altaholic and love leveling up every profession. So far I also have an 80 disc/holy priest, an 80 frost DK, and an 80 feral druid. And alts of every other class at various leveling states. Except rogue, I'm holding out for Cataclysm to roll a worgen rogue!

Lately I've been having a lot of fun with the new patch. I love the look of the troll druids, so I've been leveling one of those.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I've only been playing for about a month, with the one priest... up to how many alts can you have? Everyone I've played with can tell that I'm a noob somehow. After a few minutes of gameplay they're like, "Is this your first character?" :/ It's such an intricate game, I must really suck! But it's a lot of fun.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Cat Addict

Yeah the community isn't the best sometimes..

You can have 10 characters per faction/server.

Saitenyo, my main spec is disc on my priest but have been melting some faces in the bgs as shadow, fun times

I have a lil druid too, the troll starting area is awesome!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Cool Cat

It's really unfortunate how rude people can be in groups sometimes. I admittedly get cranky if someone is clearly trying to cause problems, or not listening to advice, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and it it seems like they're new to the game, I'd rather try to be helpful than overly critical.

You get it even when you're not new to the game though. I've been healing some low-level instances on my druid, and I don't know if they changed something dramatically or what, but I am having a seriously difficult time with it (and noticing other low-level healers having the same issues) despite being great at healing on my priest back in the day. And so I've had people yelling at me, or another healer, "You suck noob!" or "Fail healer is fail!" or whatever. I generally just ignore them and eventually they drop group while the more patient people remain.

And yeah I've actually been DPSing with Disc on my priest. I tried shadow once and wasn't a fan, but I've found disc works pretty well for questing/solo leveling as an alternative. The bursty style of casting reminds me of my mage.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat

WoW players generally don't hold a candle in rudeness to Guild Wars players, though. They're the worst. I think it's the lack of a subscription fee for GW that attracts every foul-mouthed 13 year old on the planet.

Has anyone played a blood elf? I'm going back and forth on getting that expansion because they seem really cool. I've never played Horde before though, is it really any different?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page