What are your collections? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

What are your collections?

I have a collection of china tea cups.

This is the smallest cup I have. It is SOO cute!

Last edited by raecarrow; 12-07-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Cat Addict

Heh, what a dainty lil' tea cup!

I don't really collect anything these days... but I'll admit to what I used to collect:

Pokemon cards - I was 14! I wanted the shiny ones! I did get Charizard! They're still in some binder somewhere around here.
Manga - I stopped collecting these a few years ago, when I realised I was no longer reading what I was buying. I own a few hundred though...
Ceramic pigs - I don't know why... but I collected these when I was about 10. I've got about 20 of them.
Beanie Babies - It was a craze! I don't have nearly as many as some of my friends.
Pogs - Well, this is going waaaaay back. What a crazy fad it was.
Polly Pocket - Yup, I had about 15 of these when I was little. I think the fanchise today has become something almost totally different from the commercials I've seen of it recently.

Yeah that about sums it up. When all is said and done... I have no idea why money was spent on most of those things.

I suppose anything I "collect" now is digital. I'll save images or backgrounds or stories I've read from online.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

I'm not much of a collector but I've got one heck of a beautiful library of music (8,000 plus songs) and books (about 2,000).

My music is now all on my iPod, but I have a separate room, a real library, for the books. I have a very special feeling for the library; it's my favorite room in the house - all my friends are in there, waiting for me to visit.

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Premier Cat

Looking around, I'd have to say I have recently become a collector of mice and other cat toys!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Premier Cat

Fabric. I love to sew and I'm *ALWAYS* buying fabric when I find it. Especially vintage fabric from thrift stores, yard sales, antique shops, etc. I have 3 file cabinets full of fabric that would last me a lifetime of clothes if I got to using it. I just can't say no to a nice piece of yard goods......
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy View Post
My music is now all on my iPod, but I have a separate room, a real library, for the books. I have a very special feeling for the library; it's my favorite room in the house - all my friends are in there, waiting for me to visit.

AC
Oh AC, that is exactly how I feel about books- that they are old friends just waiting for me to come join them. I wish I had a large enough house that I have a library.

I don't collect anything at the moment except cat tress (I have a fair number of them around my small house). I do have several vases tucked down in a storage tote just waiting to be displayed and for me to find some more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Cat

I have a decent size library for my small apartment,which I need to sell most of soon.I also have a ton of musical instruments and I only know how to play one.Lets see 3 acoustic guitars,a electric guitar,a violin,a flute,a clarinet,a ocarina(I can play this one),a triangle,My Dad's banjo,My Grands harmonica,and electric keyboard.I'm not really sure how I came to own them but I most are in storage.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Premier Cat

Actually, come to think of it, I do have a collection of Royal Doulton figurines (the ceramic dolls). I bought one over 10 years ago, and my mother saw it when she came to visit. My mother never knows what to buy me for birthdays and Christmas. She was so excited to see the figurine, since she figured she now had a good idea of what to get. Every birthday and Christmas since, I know what I'm getting from Mom! Over the years, I've accumulated quite a collection, 95% of which came from you-know-who. I have them sprinkled throughout the house, on coffee tables, end tables, etc. Fortunately, despite the cats, I've never had to put them away...the girls often jump on the tables, but they always delicately walk around the dolls.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Cat Addict

Various piles of Cat Hair.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanti View Post
Various piles of Cat Hair.
ROFLMAO! Priceless answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page