Time to buy some gloves and break out the scarves - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Time to buy some gloves and break out the scarves

because it is currently 26 degrees outside (-3 C) but with wind chill it feels like 12 degrees (-11 C). I'm glad I bought my down parka in November instead of waiting until my extra December paycheck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Premier Cat

I know! Down here in balmy Rockville I think we're up to 34 now.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Cool Cat

27 degrees in Jersey. I had to break out the wool coat, scarf and gloves yesterday. Last night was a three cat night in the bed. I heard my dh struggling while trying to roll over in bed. bahhhhhhh

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Cool Cat

IN the 20s here too - brrr - I want summer back!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

It's been consistently very cold here (hovering around 0 to -3 or -4) with a wind dropping that by about 5 degrees.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Premier Cat

I know, I don't have any gloves yet either. Somehow, they just all disappear, and I have no idea where they go! I have barn gloves, for doing chores though, that's a must, and it doesn't matter what they look like really! LOL!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Cat Addict

Ouch! I hate wind chill factors!

My province is, apparently, in for a long cold winter - colder than it's been in many years. We already had it snow twice in November, which is somewhat unusual... often when it snows here it's gone the next day but the first two snowfalls lasted quite some time. Right now the temperature is normal for this time of year (between plus 5 and minus 5 when you add wind chill), I think the real cold and snow is going to come in January/February... not looking forward to it...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

It's only 73 here. I don't know what to do. My girls must be freezing at home. I wonder if I can ask to go home early to be with them.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
It's only 73 here. I don't know what to do. My girls must be freezing at home. I wonder if I can ask to go home early to be with them.
You people in SoCal have life so easy (temperature wise)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Not really, it's been in the 40's overnight and even when I leave the house in the morning. And with no heating system in the house besides space heaters, it's COLD!! It was 38 one morning a couple weeks ago when I left and there was frost on my windows!

I did my time in the snow - 20 years!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page