Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprot View Post
People in Jersey go completly mashugana driving in bad weather conditions. 3" of snow and the schools shut down. 8-12 a state of emergency would be declared.
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway Well... at least the ones who venture into Delaware are. My family lives in Northern DE, so I've had occasion to run into quite a few crazy NJ drivers.

Though Delaware drivers aren't much better in the snow, they still think they can go the speed limit with 6 inches of snow on the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Premier Cat

I agree, I *LOVE* the snow when I can hunker down and watch it without having to worry about driving in it. Where I am in the PNW we don't get much snow at all, just lots of rain and some ice. I'd LOVE a good 2' snowfall where I could kickback and enjoy it.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by raecarrow View Post
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway Well... at least the ones who venture into Delaware are. My family lives in Northern DE, so I've had occasion to run into quite a few crazy NJ drivers.

Though Delaware drivers aren't much better in the snow, they still think they can go the speed limit with 6 inches of snow on the ground.
I love me some Delaware. Hopefully I'm not one of those crazy drivers cause we're in Del. quite often trying to score on your no tax/low tax.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprot View Post
I love me some Delaware. Hopefully I'm not one of those crazy drivers cause we're in Del. quite often trying to score on your no tax/low tax.
I know, I try to go shopping whenever I'm visiting my family to avoid the sales taxes.

My favorite place to shop is the Rehoboth Outlets. Though I only do that during the summer when we go down to the beaches.

Sorry for going off topic.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by raecarrow View Post
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway
I grew up in Jersey and lived there for 33 years before I moved here to Oregon.

When I started my job here i noticed that people on I5 were actually moving on to the shoulder to get out of my way. I didn't realize how aggressive a driver I was until I didn't NEED to be.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

You haven't seen truly stupid driving until you've seen Southern Californians driving in the rain. Even light rain. Or mist.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Just checked the radar, and it shows the snows almost here! They are predicting for more snow than they thought our area would get! Bring on the hot chocolate!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Cat Addict

I really love it when it snows, at least when it's the kind of snow that's really fluffy and easy to make snowballs/snowmen... and it looks so pretty.

It snowed here a few weeks ago and the next day I went walking around the block with the dog, it was great. We live down a side street from the main roads and when we turned to walk down the back lane I took her off leash and she just ran around like crazy. She had a blast! And it wasn't even that cold out, probably 2+ degrees.

The cat on the other hand was not a happy kitty. She doesn't want to go out in that!

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 12-10-2010 at 11:54 PM.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It's been snowing non-stop here all day! We've gotten at least 10" so far here! It is extremely windy, and our patio door is drifted half way up the door!

There was a pretty bad accident on the highway just down from our little town. They've closed that highway, which is the main highway that runs between Chicago into MN. According to the local sheriff dept, they shut it down just before our town, into MN which is over 100 miles worth of road!!!

It's pretty bad! I'm supposed to have a senior portrait session here tomorrow, and she's trapped in town, can't get home, so I don't know if she'll even make it here tomorrow. We have to get plowed out first!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

I grew up in NJ too and I'll take a NH winter over a NJ winter any day. NJ winters were just damp and bone chilling with some ice. Almost every snow storm ended by turning to rain and just making a mucky mess. I'd rather have 5 feet of snow on the ground and so cold the inside of your nose freezes when you inhale.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page