Useless "Powers" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Useless "Powers"

Beamjoy's quip about being a cat gender psychic, and how being a lottery number psychic would be more useful, made me think of this this.

What are random talents you have/things you're good at...that are completely useless?

Example: I can walk into a room and point out every visible spider within about 5 minutes (I'm terrified of them so I think I'm just always subconsciously looking for them).

I always joke that it's too bad I can't find some way to make any money off of this, because I'm great at it! But other than freaking me out, it seems to have no useful function.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

This isn't useless, it often comes in handy...but still strange. I can cut an item (piece of paper, a large sheet cake etc.) in equal sized pieces by just eyeballing it. The problem is, I can't really cut things in random sizes...I have to think about it and work at it harder than to make perfectly matched pieces.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Cat Addict

You know how people sometimes have saliva squirt out of their mouth from their salivary glands when they are eating? I can do that on command.

Yes, I know... gross.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by raecarrow View Post
You know how people sometimes have saliva squirt out of their mouth from their salivary glands when they are eating? I can do that on command.

Yes, I know... gross.
Sounds enchanting.

I don't know if this counts as a power or not, but if I just walk away from the computer to get a drink or use the bathroom, etc, I'll get back to the top of the stairs just as the screen saver kicks in. It happens almost every time. At first it weirded me out a little, but now it just makes me laugh.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by raecarrow View Post

Yes, I know... gross.
Oh that's a scream. You should take that talent on the road.

Shari
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Cat

I can write perfectly with both hands at the same time. However. Right hand is normal writing, left hand is mirror image.

I always find a good parking spot. My husband says he never worries when I'm driving.

Likewise pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, when entering a restaurant & having to wait in the bar, I always end up standing behind the next people leaving.

When present at a drawing, I always know when I'm going to win. Win very seldom, but get an excited, here it comes feeling. Once I even pushed my chair back & told the person next to me I was winning. Spooked him when I did.

Wish we could channel these things!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Cat

I am jealous of doodlebug. I can't cut anything straight or even. Just scary pieces. The family laughs. Of course on the good side I'm never asked to labor over someone else's pies or cakes.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Cat

One of my useless powers, I'm sure I'll come up with more later...

I'm a genius at recognizing no-name actors and naming which tv show, movie or commercial I had seen them in before.

But for some reason I suck at remembering people in real life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I can write perfectly with both hands at the same time. However. Right hand is normal writing, left hand is mirror image.
This is pretty awesome. I love weird little skills like this
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Premier Cat

I can find The Perfect Card for any occasion in under a minute, every time.

Hubby can exit roads/parking-lots making an un-controlled intersection L turn across traffic every time. I drive the long way around to reach intersections where lights or signs control the traffic. I do this because I almost *never* get breaks in traffic that allow me to safely pull out so I'd rather let the street-lights and stop-signs control traffic and GUARANTEE me an opportunity to drive and continue on my way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page