Animal Communication- Scam or Legit? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Animal Communication- Scam or Legit?

So for my internship I run a silent auction for a non-profit's huge annual gala. I am working on the pet section right now and researching different hip/expensive pet places in the Twin Cities area. I am just going down my list and I come across an animal communicator. I go to the website (I need pricing so I know how much to ask them to donate) and I see things similar to this.. "I will connect to your pet telepathically and then pass that information on to you on the phone". These people are charging $65 for 30 minutes on the phone. That seems like a lot of money for something that could be a total hoax. Does anyone have any experience with these communicators? Do you think it is real or a scam?

If it were real, I am sure I would be paying $65 for someone to tell me that Sinatra wants some treats and Nutmeg wants to play with her feather.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Premier Cat

I use to not take it seriously. Probably a scam I thought. But Ive seen too much evidence they really do communicate with the animals. My friends who have used them have wonderful stories and how they were confirmed that the communicator was for real. They couldnt of known the stuff they said they heard the animal say or ask.

There is a wonderful book called Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death. By Kim Sheridan. It opened my eyes further.

Last year I went to a class, with my vet, taught by a woman locally who communicates with pets.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Cat Addict

I only know of one animal communicator, and she seems quite legitimate to me. I watched her at a rabbit rescue event, where people could bring their pet for a twenty minute 'interview', and many of the people were astonished and very moved by what their animals communicated.

On her website, she explains that most animals think in pictures (so if you want them to understand something, be sure to visualize it as well as speak about it), although when she communicates with animals herself she hears their thoughts as if spoken in her voice.

Someday when I can afford it, i would like her to come out and talk to Gracie, just to hear what Gracie likes and dislikes about life at our house. I also think she would also be amazing and helpful if ever anyone needs help finding a lost pet...

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Cool Cat

Our shelter mom has a communicator she works with who has talked to both of our girls at some point. I was skeptical when she talked to Fern, because she got a LOT wrong, but when she talked to Fergie the conversation was really interesting and really did help. I came to the conclusion that Fergie was completely open to the conversation while Fern was probably bothered by the intrusion and didn't want to talk, much like how they are with people who come to visit us.

So I think they're legitimate, but if you have a cat who really values their privacy and doesn't like intrusion you might not get good results.

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Cool Cat

Hocus pocus.

Shari
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Senior Cat

Does the name Miss Cleo ring a bell with anyone?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

I've always been a skeptic, but a friend (who is one of the most down to earth people I've ever met) was using a communicator when her dog had cancer. At one point he wasn't eating, generally down, and obviously not feeling well. She contacted the communicator to ask "is this it, is he ready?" and the communicator said "no, he's having trouble with his back right leg". He had no symptoms that would have indicated a leg problem, no limp etc. My friend investigated and found an abscess.

There were other things that happened with this woman that have pretty much convinced me that some people have the gift. That said, I don't think everyone that claims to be an animal communicator really is...so I think you really need to make sure this person has a good reputation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Premier Cat

I've never had any experience, but if I were at a silent auction and knew the proceeds were going to a good cause, I'd bid on something like that, if only because it would be a fun way to donate to the cause. So, if you can add it to your auction list, why not!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Premier Cat

Friends of mine took their cat they adopted to a half hour session with a communicator. They had adopted a cat, which came in with it sister, but the sister had already been adopted or they would of taken her too. The man which had them before had been arrested and sent to prison. He made sure his lawyer place his cats with this certain rescue.

The communicator told my friends that the cat had told her she had once belonged to a man. She had a sister too but was no longer with the sister. She said the man didnt come home one day and she never saw him again. She was very happy in her new home but missed her sister.

There was more that was communicated. But the initial things she said convinced them right at the beginning she was really hearing from their cat.

There was no way this woman knew the background of their cat. They felt this woman who communicated was legit.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarendorf View Post
Does the name Miss Cleo ring a bell with anyone?
May I help you?

Signed,

Miss Cleo

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page