UGH I just get SO MAD at people like this!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

UGH I just get SO MAD at people like this!!!

I have a facebook friend who posted tonight that she accidentally ran over a cat on her way home and she felt really bad about it. Granted, knowing her, she was probably going too fast and it could have been avoided, but that is beside the point.

Some person (I'd like to call them something else but this is a family friendly forum) commented on her status that it wasn't her fault that the cat wasn't indoors and that it deserved to get run over!!!!! I absolutely cannot handle people like that. Everyone says to not let them bug you and be the bigger person but I can't be!!! What is wrong with this guy??? I commented that I'm sure she didn't mean to hit the cat but it did not deserve to die and I was offended that someone would say that. I was so upset that my boyfriend flagged their profile, but that it won't do anything. Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent to someone or some people besides my boyfriend that understand my love for animals.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Cool Cat

I would be just as upset as you are. Some people just can't see animals as more than an extension of someone's possessions. That statement (the one on fb) bothers me as much as when I hear people say that some poor girl deserved to be raped for being in such & such a place/time (I actually heard this said many times in an all girls college!) Yeah, its not the smartest decision to leave your cat out roaming busy streets, but that cat DOES NOT deserve to die
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Premier Cat

Regrettably, too many people function with their brain in neutral while their mouth is in gear. I'm sorry to hear about the cat. Give Sinatra and Nutmeg a hug and try not to feel too bad yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

I feel sorry for people like that. They obviously haven't had a love of a cat open up and warm their frigid lttle hearts.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Cool Cat

Augh, I feel the same. Every time I hear a story like this I just cringe. Back when my parents had a cat they kept the litterbox in the garage (with a cat door for her to go in and out) so she sometimes hung out in there. They'd always check to make sure they knew where she was before backing out. I don't understand why, if there's even a possibility of the cat being near the car, someone wouldn't check to be sure?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Cool Cat

Aw that poor kitty, that is truely heartbreaking. I'm sorry for the world when I hear about such horrible people. Tell him to go back under the rock he crawled from.

Shari
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Premier Cat

How awful

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yea, he made another petty joke about him running over 50 cats. I just feel sorry for the poor kitty cat.

Becky, the proud momma of:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page