What are you reading? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

What are you reading?

I have the lastest book from my favorite author Anne Tyler called Noah's Compass which I have been saving for the "right moment". I have vacation coming up and I have it all planned. I'll paint my living room by day and reward myself with Anne Tyler in the evenings.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Cool Cat

Kentucky Heat by Fern Michaels and I love it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Premier Cat

Franklin and Eleanor An extraordinary marriage by Hazel Rowley. I heard an interview with the author on NPR and the book sounds great (I have only read about 2 pages so far). FDR and Eleanor have always fascinated my so I was so excited when I heard about this book.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Kitten

Finished "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a few weeks ago and now 1/4 of the way through "The Girl Who Played With Fire". "...Dragon Tattoo" took a bit of getting used to the writing style but once you're into it (about 100 pages) it actually goes pretty quick...hard to put down! "...Played With Fire" is the second book in the series and I'm loving it just as much as the first.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Banned

Clive James' new autobiog
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Finished "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a few weeks ago and now 1/4 of the way through "The Girl Who Played With Fire". "...Dragon Tattoo" took a bit of getting used to the writing style but once you're into it (about 100 pages) it actually goes pretty quick...hard to put down! "...Played With Fire" is the second book in the series and I'm loving it just as much as the first.
I saw that one... the cover looked intriguing, but I was on the way out of the bookstore and didn't stop to look at it. What is it about?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' is effectively a crime novel isn't it? Keep meaning to watch the film

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Cat Addict

Textbooks!!!!

When finals and graduation (finally!!) are over next week I will reward myself with "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why It's So Hard to Think Straight About Animals" by Hal Herzog. I think it looks deliciously intriguing.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Cat Addict

I just finished reading the "Saga of the Seven Suns" by Kevin J. Anderson. The seven books make up a remarkable piece of fiction. Kevin J. Anderson wrote a lot of the Dune sequels and spin-off books.

I am currently re-reading the Inheritance Cycle that starts with the book Eragon. Each new book is better than the one before. I'm currently awaiting the fourth book in the series.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by melysion View Post
'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' is effectively a crime novel isn't it? Keep meaning to watch the film
Yes, they are a series of crime novels....with very complex and interesting main characters.

I plan to watch the Dragon Tattoo movie (the one with English subtitltes). I hear it's excellent but can't imagine they could have put the details in the movie that are contained in the book. Still, it could be good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page