Rain! Weather weirdness! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Rain! Weather weirdness!

Five plus inches since Friday morning, our rain gauge topped out so we can't really be sure. The wild card is how long this series of storms is supposed to go on, it is predicted to go through Wednesday. On the plus side, it's not too windy or cold - it is some kind of tropical system, 'global weirding' ha ha.

Gracie is learning not to be spooked by big black umbrellas, but I think she is seriously missing her patches of sun for napping...

I know Britain is snowed in, and the Northeast too. Hope you all stay safe and well!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Cat Addict

Fran, are you in Northern California? That seems like such a lot of snow for anywhere in California! Where I live in Northeast Ohio we often get several inches, but everyone here is used to it. How is the driving in your area? That is what always worries me with an area that is not used to getting much snow.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13 View Post
Fran, are you in Northern California? That seems like such a lot of snow for anywhere in California! Where I live in Northeast Ohio we often get several inches, but everyone here is used to it. How is the driving in your area? That is what always worries me with an area that is not used to getting much snow.
She's talking about rain, not snow. I wish we got snow here!

But yeah, it's been pouring the past few days and I love it! This is the closest I can get to a "white Christmas." A rainy Christmas is always something that makes me happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Cat Addict

Oops! Guess I've got snow on the brain lately.

Still, that's a LOT of rain!

Sue

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh my!

There've been lots of trees down, potholes and car wrecks, plus boulders and mudslides falling on the mountain pass between our town on the coast and the valley...

The highway patrol website has just posted that they don't have enough officers left to respond to all the hazards any more! Wow!

If they are right about how long this rain is going to continue, the burned areas from last year's fire will be in trouble for sure.....

Fran
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Kitten

Stay well, we went through the same thing, twice- once in November and last week. Roads, slides, floods, erosion, it went on and on and we still have 100 families out of their homes with the freeze-up having arrived. We're on high ground, hoping you are, too.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitenyo View Post
But yeah, it's been pouring the past few days and I love it! This is the closest I can get to a "white Christmas." A rainy Christmas is always something that makes me happy.
It rains so often on Christmas, that my family re-wrote the lyrics for "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" to "I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my! Some serious weather out there lately! Do take care. I'm not exactly sure what's going on this year, but it's absolutely crazy! My thoughts go out to those who will have to be away from home for the Holidays this year. But, better to be safe I guess.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

It's crazy! We're already more than 200% over our normal rainfall for the entire winter, and it's only December.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Premier Cat

It's the same here, winter just officially started, and we had 20+ inches of snow on the ground before winter was even "technically" here.

Marie, I have a spare life jacket I can send ya if ya need it! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page