I hate shopping for aftershave. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I hate shopping for aftershave.

I end up smelling like some harlot after a busy night and feel sick at the end of it, ugh!

My dad's birthday at the end of the month and he wants a new 'nice' aftershave..how do I know what he will like when it all makes me want to vomit

I also realized, in the shop's bright lights, that my black wool coat is covered in Monty even though it has been hanging in the wardrobe..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Premier Cat

You could always try asking some of your male friends or relatives for suggestions to save you doing the smell test!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

You could always try growing a beard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Premier Cat

Hugh........!

I really need to find some new aftershave for my hubby too. I actually do like to shop for it though. What I don't like, is when I like the way it smells in the bottle, but what if it smells completely different on him, when he uses it, and then I don't like it then.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Premier Cat

I don't really like the smell of any aftershaves. I like the smell of my SO not some junk out of a bottle.

Whatever you choose...don't pick that Axe junk....I've seen so many commercials and when I was at the grocery I sniffed at the bottles. /gag
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Cool Cat

Oh man, I sympathize. I have the same problem searching for new soaps or body mists. 99% of them give me migraines or make me feel ill so of course I want to test them before buying any new kind...but in testing them all I just feel super ill because I've inhaled so many gross chemicals in one sitting. XD

It seems like it'd be risky/difficult to buy a scented product for someone else, since people's opinions on and sensitivities to smells can differ so greatly. Do you think your dad would be content with a gift card or something to let him pick out his own? Then you don't have to deal with the smell tests and he'll be sure to get something he likes.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I don't really like the smell of any aftershaves. I like the smell of my SO not some junk out of a bottle.

Whatever you choose...don't pick that Axe junk....I've seen so many commercials and when I was at the grocery I sniffed at the bottles. /gag
Oh geez. My brother uses Axe. When I was still living at home, I would hate using the bathroom after he got ready in the morning (we shared a connecting bathroom between our rooms) because I'd walk in there and he'd have just sprayed it everywhere. The whole room would smell chokingly foul.

Those commercials are terrible lies if they're really trying to claim that scent attracts women! Old Spice? Sure. Axe? Noooooo.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Great ideas guys but I have decided, since she will have to put up with the smell, I'll take mum with me and she can choose
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanti View Post
Great ideas guys but I have decided, since she will have to put up with the smell, I'll take mum with me and she can choose
Oo an even better idea!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Premier Cat

Taking your mom is a fantastic idea. She'd probably have a better idea of what he'd enjoy and know what she'd appreciate whiffing.

That reminds me of one Christmas my dad did the shopping for us kids. He NEVER did the shopping..he bought me this AWFUL perfume. I detested the smell of it, but he tried so hard that I wore it every day until that **** bottle was empty. UGH.

Hah, my dad wore Old Spice. Every time i smell it I think of my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page