For the artists and crafters on CF. Post samples of your work here. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

For the artists and crafters on CF. Post samples of your work here.

I think there are quite a few artists on CF.......photographers, painters, people who draw, and make jewelry, even wood working too! Anything crafty, and artzy. Whether it's a hobby, or a career, feel free to share samples of what you do in this thread.

Can't wait to see everyones creativity!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Senior Cat

Something that I enjoy doing, I'm not the one in the center of the orb. It is not a hobby, but I love making light orbs. I think I was the one that took the picture, my sister lit the steel wool, and my dad was the one spinning it.

Here are some of my more recent cat pictures:

post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Cool Cat

I majored in Illustration in college, with an emphasis in Digital Illustration. I do most of my work these days in Photoshop, Flash, and Corel Painter, although I still do most of my sketching with plain old paper and pencil.
Currently I work as the art lead for a social gaming company. Art's been my primary hobby basically my entire life.

My absolute favorite things to draw are cartoon animals (dogs, wolves, foxes, lions, cats, etc.) and my work's pretty heavily influenced by the Disney and Don Bluth films I grew up watching.

Here are some of my own characters (ballpoint pen on cardstock with digital colors done in Photoshop and Painter):

Some Lion King style fanart. I was obsessed with this movie when I was younger (Done in Flash with background in Photoshop):

And some more painterly/realistic stuff from my college years (Done in Corel Painter):

Last edited by marie73; 12-24-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: removed link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Cool Cat

Lovely photography furryfriends! I absolutely love those light orb pictures. That one is really cool.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Tom Cat

Image Heavy :)

Flowers and Photography...

Sorry some of the pics are sideways, couldn't figure it out...

I just took my sisters senior portraits now I am booked with all her friends

post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

These are awesome everybody! Let's keep this going! More....More!!

Congrats on the senior bookings RowdyAndMalley! How long have you been doing photography? What kind of camera are you shooting with?
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat View Post
Congrats on the senior bookings RowdyAndMalley! How long have you been doing photography? What kind of camera are you shooting with?
Thanks! I took photography in high school and loved it. My first camera was a Minolta SLR. I shoot with a Nikon D40 with an AF55-200mm VR lens. I'm still learning, but have always had an "eye" for photo's, or so my Mom says. I love your shots and wish I lived somewhere I could take shots like that. But alas I live in the middle of a big city.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

LOL! I was guessing it was Nikon. I don't know why, but I can always tell a Canon photo from a Nikon photo.

It's funny you say you wished you lived somewhere else, because I always get frustrated around here. It's either open fields, woods, or corn fields! LOL! I sometimes wish I had the variety of the city. Lots of parks, open shade from cool buildings. Nope.........corn! LOL!

I have alot to learn too. It's so much more than just putting the camera on auto, and snapping the shutter. It's a long learning process.
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Cat Addict

Great stuff! I am so jealous, I can't paint/take pictures for the life of me.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

I love photography and, like some previous posters, I've often been my family's photographer. You've all seen many of my kitty photos, here are some non-feline shots:

As you can tell, I'm all about the nature thing.

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page