Excellent article by Ryan Clinton, Animal Advocate - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Excellent article by Ryan Clinton, Animal Advocate

Life-Saving Attitude: From “Who Can I Blame?” to “How Can I Help?” | "O" is for Onward

For the members on Cat Forum who work in rescue and TNR you will appreciate this article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I feel your pain. Im impressed you have been in rescue work 30 years! Most people experience burn out and cant continue to help. I too am very aware of the stupid people who harm animals and arent responsible. Some days I go home and feel like I cant keep seeing this tragidy.

What helped me is to surround myself by volunteers & friends & vets who see things my way and we unite and help one another in rescues/ trapping. I know people dont hear the truth unless you give it to them in a way they dont feel insulted. Some people just dont want to know the truth. Those type I tell them the truth and let the universe deal with them.

And yes there are day I want to rheme them out. but negative energy only brings on more energy. What bothers me the most is the politics in rescue and TNR. I fly under the radar. Do what I want and my vet and friends help me.

In mid 2006 seven of us started doing TNR since we couldnt stand the politics & cats being second class citizens at our no kill shelter. Our newly organized TNR group has managed thru trial and error to do 950 cats. 3/4 of them were companion cats which we vetted and fostered in our homes till we could place them in qualified indoor only forever homes.
Im interested to hear your experiences. Thanks for commenting on the article

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

*stands up and applauds* That was an AWESOME article, Merry!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
However, teaching responsible care of other species should be taught in schools (I was a teacher, and included it--it's mandated by CA law, but rarely taught), and it should be reinforced by the media.
While i absolutely agree with this, it would cut down on animal suffering but not enough. Unfortunately teachers can't teach compassion and caring and imo that's what's lacking in a lot of these cases. There are too many people that seem to be able to disassociate from another's pain and suffering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page