Addition to the list of people - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Addition to the list of people

I should legally be allowed to shoot. This guy would go before the people who set off fireworks.

St. Pete police investigate after puppy found abused

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Cat Addict

Or these people should be thrown into the arena with the dogs they've abused.

This is absolutely sickening.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Cool Cat

I'm not even going to read the story, that picture alone is just too sad. What is wrong with people?!?!

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Cool Cat

OMG - poor puppy. Whats wrong with people.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Premier Cat

I'd love to wrap the same rubber band around a dangling appendage (yes, that one) of his and leave it there for a good long while and see how HE likes it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.my.cats View Post
I'm not even going to read the story, that picture alone is just too sad. What is wrong with people?!?!
Likewise. I can't even read stuff like this. It always makes me sick to my stomach.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I went to the local news to find the latest update on the sinkhole on the road between work and home and there's a puppy update.

Temperment test my butt. Look at the look on that dogs face. What a sweat little girl.

"ST. PETERSBURG - Nikki, the 3-month-old boxer and pit bull mix whose ears were cropped with rubber bands, had to have those ears surgically removed, according to Megan Trethewey, a spokeswoman for SPCA Tampa Bay. She has been given medication for pain and to stave off infection"

The puppy is expected to undergo a temperament test and, if she passes, is expected to be put up for adoption, Trethewey said. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Tampa Bay has received numerous calls from people hoping to adopt her, the spokeswoman said"

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

This makes me so angry.

The dogs I posted about a while ago with their ears cut off have been adopted by two different families. They've met and will keep in touch so the pups (siblings) can have play dates together.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Premier Cat

this is why I dont own a gun. That jerk wouldnt be breathing and taking up space on this planet.

It worries me that they are going to do temperment testing already. Plus in my opinion they are not good indicators. To many dogs and cats have been euthanized because of that "testing".

Let see... if a human had gone thru something like this and then the doctors "temperment" test him right afterwards. I wouldnt think anyone would be who they really are so soon after something so devestating happen to them.

He looks like a sweet boy. I hope one of the smaller rescues could take him and work with him to restore his faith in humans & get him a great home.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Premier Cat

I have a hunch that isn't what the shelter meant by 'temperament' test.

When we have a litter of puppies we do 'temperament' testing on them to best help place pups with correct owners. I think this might be what the shelter meant and the reporter misunderstood. I'm HOPING that's the case because age/circumstance wouldn't give an accurate temperament test on this guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page