Lessons Learned from Sewing at 2am - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Lessons Learned from Sewing at 2am

I found this out on the web, I thought it would resonate with all the sewers on this site. I certainly found it to be very funny... and TRUE!

Learning at 2:00 a.m. ... - StumbleUpon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Cool Cat

I don't sew (I wish I could!) but I still enjoyed it!

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Premier Cat

Bwahahahahahahah! Um .... yeah.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q View Post
Bwahahahahahahah! Um .... yeah.
ROFL, I luffs your comments Heidi!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Cool Cat

In my case, this all applies at 2 P.M., as I'm just barely learning to sew. My very first garb piece (a chemise) was mostly done last night at a friend's house... I still have to do the bottom hem. I am SO glad I already planned on this being my outfit I'm only wearing to Fighter Practice and so it doesn't need to be perfect. The stuff I want to wear to events, I will be more careful and "nit-picky" with!

(Note: if you're not in the SCA or know stuff about it, here's some clarification... "garb" is the clothes/costumes worn, "Fighter Practice" is the weekly meetings for the local group, "events" are the big regional parties like Ren Fairs)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

First rule of Fighter Practice, you do not talk about Fighter Practice.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Premier Cat

Having sold my sewing business now almost 2 years ago, there are many times when I miss it. I loved to sew, and had many nights to 2 a.m. to finish an order, but after doing it as a business for a few years, I just needed the change. It was so isolating, and working in the basement was driving me bonkers! I miss my industrial equipment though............those things could sew through bricks, I swear! I couldn't sew a straight stitch to save my sole though! LOL! I sewed cria coats, coats for alpacas, not human clothes. Human clothes are way to difficult in my book!

This one made me LOL though: "I need a serger." I had a Juki industrial serger, and after seeing it run the first time, I never started it up again! SCARED THE LIVING CRAPOLA OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!! I had fears of cutting off all my fingers! LOL! I did all my binding using a custom made binder for my industrial sewing machine, and it worked just fine. I had to trim all my coats by hand, but at least I have fingers left!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

I did sewing once at school. Managed to sew my school tie to my FRIEND'S work (he was making some kind of massive bedsheet quilt thing, and it got in my way).

My teacher suggested I stick to a needle and thread. Needless (or should that be needle-less) to say I didn't bother going back to that lesson.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Needless (or should that be needle-less) to say...
LOL

Geri,
I didn't use my serger for almost 2yrs because I was afraid of the knives. Once I did, though ... I came to really appreciate it. Unfortunately ... once it cuts ... it cuts. I only made that mistake once before I made CERTAIN all extra material was nowhere near the knives!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page