Stupid alert! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Stupid alert!

Every winter, there seems to be at least 2 or 3 of these stupid people on CL! I just don't understand how anyone with an ounce of common sense can think it's ok to put an inside pet, outside, in the middle of winter! A Wisconsin winter too! It's a guaranteed death sentence if you ask me! This person listed her email address on her post, so I felt it necessary to email her, and we've been having words! I don't care, it just ticks me off, and by her emails, there's a reason for her stupidity!

Her add also shows two photos of her cats snuggling, and sleeping on her bed, so these are definitely indoor cats. Sad!

Quote:
looking for a farm

Date: 2011-01-29, 3:32PM CST
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi my name is Lisa and im looking for a good farm for 2 of my cats there names r garfield n rosebud they are pretty good cats email me at XXXXXX im putting pixs up of them

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe she thinks barns are kept warm in the winter and they're peeing in the house.

??

Or maybe she's just an idiot...

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Cat Addict

That was my first thought too: Are they peeing in the house? I can't see a reason to request a barn unless there is some extreme reason like that. Or maybe they're destructive or very high energy and she somehow thinks a barn would be best for behavior like that?

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

She said "she loves her cats to death", and the reason she's doing this is because she has to many. In speaking to her, she really has no clue. It's 17 degrees here now, and it's been snowing all day. A barn is not going to shelter this cat from the cold weather, it will keep it out of the snow, but there will be no escape from the freezing and cold. And unless someone is diligent about feeding the barn cats, and keep heated water available for them to drink, these cats will have to very quickly learn to fend for them selves.

These cats are used to being in warm weather, this is NOT the time of year to be putting a cat out to the barn, but she says "it won't hurt them, they'll be fine." Cruel!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Cat Addict

I don't understand either. However from my conversations with people, it seems the general public have a misconception of cats and dogs in winter. They think that because the cats and dogs have fur coats, they'll survive the cold no problem. Um, right. Then how come I see animals at the shelter with frostbitten paws and noses?

As you've said, cats have lineage from warmer climates. Regardless, I always say, why don't you put on a coat and sit outside for a couple of hours? You'll be lucky to have all your fingers and toes intact.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I asked her to go stand outside with no jacket, boots, or gloves, and see how long she lasts. I mean, I tried to be helpful, but some people just don't want help I guess. It's so sad that it's the animal that will suffer because of her stupidity.

In all honesty, my guess is that she wants to replace the adult cats with a cute cuddly kitten or two, but I don't know that to be true, so.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page