I'm so ready for summer!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Angry I'm so ready for summer!!

This week (weather wise) is not a good one...at all!
Monday was pretty good...Monday night into Tuesday was our first round of snow....no biggy. Sure it was a pain in the rear to have to walk through it to feed the animals and everything....then Tuesday night we get sleet, ALOT of sleet. I mean it was pure sleet while I was doing chores. I had to walk backwards towards the horse pastures while carrying their hay b/c the sleet was hitting me in the face and it hurt!

By morning we have more snow on the ground with a frozen layer on top...(if that makes any sense.LOL) So as I'm walking through the snow, it's not the light fluffy kind that's easy to walk through, its breaking through the frozen layer and then stepping into the deep snow.

We have drifts....bad enough my mom couldn't get out of the driveway to go to work this morning. the plows didn't go by until late morning.

The neighbor offered to clear out our drive way, and he ended up getting the tractor stuck. I helped him with that...did my usual chores and made about 4 trips across the road to the neighbors b/c 3 of my 4 horses are over there....so walking through all that snow wore me out!

And NOW we have a windchill advisory. As of right now, they are saying the low for tonight and tomorrow night is 0*F...windchills being around -15 to -20*F....BRRRRRRRRRRR

I know there's other areas of the US that's colder but still, darn it. I am going to complain! LOL

I HATE WINTER!!

Ok, I'll quit complaining long enough to get some sleep...I'm sure I wont be very happy come morning when I am shoveling snow and it's 0*F......I'll be wondering why in the world I chose to raise livestock and why in the world I decided to have one of my goats kid in the middle of Jan! I have baby goaties in the barn!! And a goat to milk.....and unfortunately I can't milk the goat with gloves on! Just doesn't work too well. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteghost View Post

I HATE WINTER!!
Just think how that nanny goat feels when you come at her with those cold hands......

post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Cool Cat

MowMow - LOL!

I'm sick of winter, too. We had a blizzard the week of Thanksgiving, and it has pretty much stayed "winter" since then. Our snowpack/moisture level is about 190% of normal! While this is good because we need it...why does it have to come with the cold??
Our windchill value tonight is -45F because of high winds (over 20mph) and a regular temp of 0

I just hope my ferals use the houses I got for them! I would love to bring them in, but my dad won't let me... and I can't catch Zinny anyway - and she's so attached to Disco (who I can catch), that I think she'd get stressed out emotionally & physically from not having her sister to snuggle with in this weather!

Still another whole 45 days until Spring!
Not that it guarantees warm...we've had it snow in April and May before! Heck, one year it snowed in June - granted it was in the "mountains", just barely stopping at the level that homes in the foothills are built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Cat

I just can't wait for winter to come!

Let's switch 95F here everyday, 75F at nights....

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Cat

i am ready for warm weather, it has been very cold here this winter, temp. has been in 20's in last couple of days and it is suppose to snow today and tomorrow and we are in south texas!!
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

Any weather that requires more than 3 layers to stop shivering when outside is too cold. I'm with you on this, hurry up Summer.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Cool Cat

I live in the DFW area. We've been shut down since early Tuesday morning. We got a thunderstorm with sleet - the yard looks like it snowed. Even though MN and WI sent snowplows as part of the emergency plan for the Super Bowl, there is nothing they can do about the inch of ice on the ground. We are supposed to get snow later today.
DFW is a huge area and the wind easily blows through. I refuse to look at the wind chill.
Hard to believe that it was 75 a week ago.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Cool Cat

I'm astounded at the blizzards raking the US right now.

Down here in CA we're not getting any of that, but it has been an unusually long, cold winter for us. I know anyone in the midwest is probably laughing at this, I know it's barely cold at all here (in the 30s this morning) compared to there.

But it's colder than we're used to for sure! I normally enjoy winter, and even I'm ready for it to warm up a bit.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 4 View Post
I live in the DFW area. We've been shut down since early Tuesday morning. We got a thunderstorm with sleet - the yard looks like it snowed. Even though MN and WI sent snowplows as part of the emergency plan for the Super Bowl, there is nothing they can do about the inch of ice on the ground. We are supposed to get snow later today.
DFW is a huge area and the wind easily blows through. I refuse to look at the wind chill.
Hard to believe that it was 75 a week ago.
I thought they only had the Super Bowl in warm climates?! What are all those short-sleeved people going to do down there, just drink more?

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Senior Cat

The weather people are calling for coldest days of the season next week. A couple of weeks ago we hit -24 here in the Twin Cities Metro North, so I'm not looking forward to that. (talking REAL temps here, not the wind chill stuff)

Midnight, the wild cat who lives under the porch in an insulated house and in the garage in an insulated house actually goes out in this stuff. This morning, after he ate at about 0430, he passed me in the driveway (I was out feeding the deer and other animals) gave me a Meow (see you later) and headed off. Of course it was warm, only zero! He comes back at about 0800 and takes another nap in the garage. I'm ready for Spring! So are the deer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page