Any Vegans Here? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Any Vegans Here?

I would love to swap recipes and hear about brands that you like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Cool Cat

I'm not vegan but I am a vegetarian, so a lot of the dishes I make fall into the vegan category.

I do love swapping recipes. What sort of stuff do you enjoy?
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My all time favorite thing in the world is broccoli, yum! However I am very adventurous with food and love to try anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Cool Cat

I recently forced myself to enjoy broccoli, although I still don't love it. I have, however, discovered a fondness for cauliflower when prepared certain ways.

I also loooove brussels sprouts. Had some with dinner actually! Topped with a homemade Lebanese garlic sauce.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh that sounds yummy! I love brussel sprouts too but have never had them any other way but with some soy butter. I will have to try the garlic recipe!

Cauliflower is the best, it is so versatile.

One thing I really like to do is steam green beans with minced garlic. When they are finished I then saute them real fast with soy sauce. It's so yummy
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 04:04 AM
Jr. Cat

Im also not a vegan but a vegetarian, and love broccoli too !!! but Unforchanly don't do a lot of exploring wig cooking! In fact I'm a useless cook!! And need to be told step by step how to cook somthing because I go into dumb mode!! Lol hopefully my cooking skills with get better with age!! Lol
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Premier Cat

I'm a hardcore meat eater but I try to do 4 vegan or vegetarian meals a week.

I like my green beans with sauteed diced onion and bread crumbs.

Cauliflower is the best vegetable EVER. Even when I'm cleaning it or cutting it to cook i munch on so much of it raw I wind up full.

My absolute favorite meal is a chopped salad with Romaine lettuce, cauliflower, carrots, peppers(yellow or orange only), red onion, button mushrooms and parsnips. Add a splash of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, a 1/2 c of garbanzo beans and 1/2 cup of cold cooked barley...omg.... I want to go make one RIGHT NOW.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Cat Addict

Nicole, I am also a vegan, but truthfully in diet only, as I still have some things with leather in them. I am a backpacker and have several down sleeping bags too.

I like to pan fry cauliflower in small florets with olive oil until it gets just brown or seared. It gets very sweet and delicious.
One of my favorite meals is roasted vegetables, so easy: Saute onions, peppers and garlic, then add to tofu and cut up vegetables like mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower, green beans. Toss with olive oil and herbs, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

MissMiss&Baby you crack me up

MowMow meat eaters are more then welcome to share recipes or favorite dishes as well! Eating choices are a personal thing and there will be no judging in this thread. Your salad intrigues me. Definitely unique and worth trying.

Greenport ferals I love your idea for a roasted veggies. It sounds quick and simple (my kind of dish!) and yummy to boot. I love pan frying cauliflower. It is always a request by my meat eating family when we go camping.

One thing I like to do is cook oatmeal and then put it in bread loaf tins. Refrigerate and then the next morning take out and slice like bread slices. Pan fry each side until golden brown. There is so much versatility with this! For example you can use many different fruits to top it with.

Last edited by Pawsitively Nicole; 02-19-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Grammer and Punctuation
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsitively Nicole View Post
One thing I like to do is cook oatmeal and then put it in bread loaf tins. Refrigerate and then the next morning take out and slice like bread slices. Pan fry each side until golden brown. There is so much versatility with this! For example you can use many different fruits to top it with.
I'm *really* interested to know about this. You just make the oatmeal in the normal way and then put it overnight in a loaf pan? It's solid enough to cut the next day? This sounds like SUCH an amazing breakfast. That's one meal i always struggle with.... I don't eat it and I know i should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page