I'm still shaking - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm still shaking

Because when I pulled into my parking spot, I saw a BIG a** raccoon (this thing was the size of a 30lb dog) run down the side of the house and climb the fence and into the back yard of my house. To top it off, my entrance to my apartment is in the back yard. So, I walked into the back yard brandishing the broom that we use for cleaning snow off the car and shaking a partially full recycle bin to scare the creeper off. I made it to the door unmolested and without seeing the raccoon but I was shaking like a leaf from all the adrenaline. I still am as a matter of fact.

I called animal control to see what they can do, because I think this is the guy who has been breaking into the trash and spreading the recyclables everywhere.

I hate raccoons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Premier Cat

Join the club! I've been spooked by a few over the years, so I know how you feel. I never sit in my backyard at night in the summer for fear of the raccoons. Chances are 9 out of 10 wouldn't approach me...but there's always that 1 out of 10 who might.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Scary! I've never had a run-in with a raccoon, but had a rabid possum chase me to my car once.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Cat Addict

I tried to warn you people about Raccoons before but ....OH NOES, raccoons are cute with their little masks.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm just glad I have my rabies shots.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Senior Cat

At last some sense in the world! I'm so happy you understand! Raccoons are NOT nice creatures, I was bitten by one once, I have the scars as a reminder of their evil nature.

Thank you, and take care for god sake!
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Tom Cat

My sister's husband is from Arkansas, where apparently a past time in their small town is punting opossums. Well during one adventure they ran into a baby raccoon. Her husband approached it, where all of a sudden he says it gave this squeaky battle cry and latched onto his feet. His poor feet were pretty brutally attacked, and he was defeated by the baby raccoon lol.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsitively Nicole View Post
My sister's husband is from Arkansas, where apparently a past time in their small town is punting opossums. Well during one adventure they ran into a baby raccoon. Her husband approached it, where all of a sudden he says it gave this squeaky battle cry and latched onto his feet. His poor feet were pretty brutally attacked, and he was defeated by the baby raccoon lol.
"where apparently a past time in their small town is punting opossums"

Then what? Settle down to watch Rush Limbaugh.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Tom Cat

Lol, actually yes. He is very vocal that they are a proud redneck community.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Cat Addict

He propbably treats your cats badly too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page