I remember when my kitties loved and trusted me. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I remember when my kitties loved and trusted me.

But last night and tonight were flea meds nights. It would have been only one night but Mia is psychic and I can't get a hold of her. Well, I've gotten ahold of her 3 times but she's squirmed away and run each time. Only Fay has gotten her meds but she hasn't forgiven me yet despite the treats.

Tonight I sleep alone.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Whoa. No longer funny. Mia is terrified of me and screaming away from a distance.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Premier Cat

Oh no! I hope she settles down soon...perhaps leave the flea meds for another night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Premier Cat

Time to break out the treats?

Whenever I have to medicate Shasta, who also seems to be psychic, I lure her into the bathroom where she cannot hide or escape. However ... she catches on to my 'game' too well and I still wind up having to ambush-medicate when I catch her resting and unawares.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

She never falls for the treats. She can read my mind, or my body language.

I was just able to touch her for a min when I caught her asleep but I've lost her trust. She was affetioate enough when I briught her home but was always careful about some things. It was 9 months before she was comfortable with my face close to hers and a yera before she wouldn't run from me if I walked up to her at full height.

She managed to avoid the meds. Her step sister Fay got her meds then was skittish for a bit but couldn't resist the treats and now she's enjoying having me to herself for a bit. Mia's Siamese cries are pitiful. She was my little love bug and I could use that now. The place I work is falling apart and there are no jobs out there. The furkids may lose their kitty heaven house and now little miss sweetie won't come near me. Not a fun time.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Cat Addict

Monty HATES me doing this. I use Frontline and the smell drives him crazy. I don't even have to open the little plastic container..he can smell right through it.

He goes nuts when I have put it on, squinting his eyes and crying, I feel so bad doing it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Cat Addict

I'm sorry to hear your work is doing so badly. I have been through that myself and was lucky to have landed on my feet. It would sure be nice for you to have both of your kitties loving you up at a time like this.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanti View Post
Monty HATES me doing this. I use Frontline and the smell drives him crazy. I don't even have to open the little plastic container..he can smell right through it.

He goes nuts when I have put it on, squinting his eyes and crying, I feel so bad doing it.

I use Frontline on Fay and that stinks, Mia gets Revolution because it dries faster. That's becasue Fay ends up grooming Mia a lot.

I made a tiny bit of progress after that 4:30 AM post. Mia finally curled up with me in bed .She even did her "You're not going anywhere" routine as I went thru the snooze alarm process. She sat on my chest and wouldn't get off. But once out of bed she wouldn't come near me.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'll try her meds again this weekend. After that she'll probably never trust me again but it's warming up here and teh fleas and tics will be out in force.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13 View Post
I'm sorry to hear your work is doing so badly. I have been through that myself and was lucky to have landed on my feet. It would sure be nice for you to have both of your kitties loving you up at a time like this.
If I hadn't just run my car into a curb and popped a tire I'd leave work right now before I explode. I work for the worst scum in the world. They got caught stealing from old people but managed to get the evidence suppressed. When Charlie Crist was AG of Florida he was looking for an excuse to nail them after that. I work in IT but the sleeze permeates the company.

The kitties are gonna sense how enraged I am at what just went on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page