The Truth about Animal Shelters - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The Truth about Animal Shelters

When you get involved with rescue you start looking around for how others succeeded in their mission to help animals. I know all animal lovers have dug deep in their pockets to help rescue groups. More than a few thought outside the box to get results.

After a more than a few negative experiences I had with a fake no kill shelter I began to wonder. Are they all like that and we just give them money because we think they feel like we do but they go about business doing things, which aren’t in the best interest of the animals.

Two events changed my life and perceptions. I’ve now realized philosophically lots of shelters and organizations are on one side of the fence and a lot of us are on the other when it comes to the value of an animal’s life. Where you give your money and times denotes your beliefs.

1. Rescuing my blind cats and getting them medical help. You would not believe the people in rescue, which opposed me getting them help. Just kill them and move on was in heated arguments I had with some people. But then there was another side, people who which went beyond the call of duty to get them help. Those blind cats changed my life and I’ve realized there is nothing to fear just takes a blind leap of faith like my blind cats did everyday and were happy and content and a joy to be with.

2. I read 2 books that came at the right time when I was struggling with this. Irreconcilable Differences: the battle for the hearts and soul of America's animal shelters. Redemption: the myth of pet overpopulation and the no kill revolution in America. Both by Nathan J. Winograd. I began to search the web for the leaders in the no kill movement to see what they are saying. It encourages me daily to hear of the changes and victories that are happening to shelters who refuse to kill an animals because of their color, or age, or a small easily treatable illness.

The Utube I’m posting is hard to watch but its important animal lovers understand what is going on with organizations & where their money is going! I went to the Holocaust Museum for the same reason. I felt it was my responsibility to know what happened and with that knowledge I would never let it happen again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page