Even though this is a cat forum... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Even though this is a cat forum...

I want to show you guys this of my snail! While I was cleaning the 10gallon tank, my snail Sunshine was doing this:

For some reason, she only eats like that during a water change.

When I get my feature cat( I already found a couple of cats that I want to meet hopefully they are still there at the shelter), I'm sure I'll take a whole bunch of pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Cat Addict

What a cool pet!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Sunshine is a cutie! My last snail was like that too. He was named Gary! R.I.P Gary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Tom Cat

Sunshine is a great name with that bright shell!

My mother had a salt water tank with this really cool snail. He would go over to this certain water jet thingy (I've never had fish so I am so inept at understanding all the components in their tanks lol) then he would have it propel him up high in the water and float down. He would do this over and over again, it was so amusing. Unfortunately their yellow tang ate the poor guy
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Cat Addict

What a cute little snail, and I love the name Sunshine! I always liked big snails in my smaller sized aquariums. They do a nice job of cleaning up.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Premier Cat

konstargirl: Sunshine is a cute name. What else do you have in your tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsitively Nicole View Post
Unfortunately their yellow tang ate the poor guy
I'm getting a saltwater tank...so it's good to know yellow tangs and snails don't mix!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

@Susan: I have three female platy's( One is a year old, the other one will be 10 month's tomorrow, and the other is 8 months), and two cory catfish. It's a 10 gallon. I have a another tank that is a 2 gallon hex with one betta name Miyavi. I was thinking upgrading the 2 gallon to a 5 gallon hex.

Hehe.. my mom chose the name. Yesterday I had the net in it going straight up and she was climbing on it. She kind of looked like a human that is climbing up a pole.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Premier Cat

I had to smile at the thought of Sunshine climbing up the net!

I have a 20-gal tank with 2 guppies and 5 platys (plus a few more unexpected inhabitants, as I will explain in a minute). I know the 2 guppies are male, and I thought all of my platys were male, since that's what I asked for. But I think the store guy netted at least 1 female by mistake, because I now have babies...and I'm pretty sure that 5 male platys can't produce babies!

I specifically asked for all males, so I wouldn't have to deal with babies...sigh. So much for that idea. Still, the babies seem to be doing fine.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Tom Cat

I must admit that I don't know much about fish species and their little quirks. I know that her tang also ate her star fish. He was an aggressive little guy

Konstargirl your snail seems like quite the little character!

Oh Susan, your tank and it's growing fish metropolis It is kind of amusing. Are the babies not being eaten?

We once had an individual call the shelter because someone dumped a fish tank overcrowded with baby fish onto their porch and they wanted to surrender it. I have never heard of that before. Does any place do the adoption of fish?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsitively Nicole View Post
Oh Susan, your tank and it's growing fish metropolis It is kind of amusing. Are the babies not being eaten?
I've no doubt some of the babies were eaten. I didn't see them born, so I wasn't counting...nor am I taking daily attendance! Still, I have some that are thriving. I really wish that I didn't have males and females, because fish are known for having babies...and this just creates problems with keeping the tank load at the right levels. Still, I don't see me surrendering my fish to a shelter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page