Introducing... Puppy! With Pictures! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Introducing... Puppy! With Pictures!

My aunt got a puppy! I know this is a cat forum, but I just had to share! I'll likely see this dog once a week or more so it's a big deal to me. We haven't had a new dog in the immediate family in over ten years!

She's nine weeks old today and has no name yet. We went to see her when she was three weeks old but back then all she was doing was making little puppy noises and hardly walking. I went with my aunt on the hour and a half drive to pick her up today, she was remarkably calm on the drive back home, almost going to sleep in my arms more than once... and chewing on my hair. She even wagged her tail a few times.

Anyone want to play the guessing game of what kind of mix she is?

Hint: It's at least three dog breeds; father is a cross and mother is probably one too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by Carmel; 02-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Premier Cat

Cockapoo I think.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Premier Cat

A mixture of three breeds? Hmmm...I'll say she's a mixture of cute, sweet and adorable! Am I right?

Congratulations to your aunt! And you now have a lovely new cousin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Cat Addict

Cute puppy! I love dogs! ♥ He looks like a cockapoo and a Golden Retriever. lol
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Premier Cat

CUTE, CUTE!! Congratulations to all of you.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Cat

Border Collie, Spaniel, and Golden Retriever? I hope Mom was the retriever.....

Very cute, regardless. Must buy house, get dog.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Jr. Cat

I see poodle, cocker spaniel, and maybe some sort of terrier?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Jr. Cat

I see lab, golden retriever and I don't know what else lol. Maybe some kind of spaniel or terrier. She's super cute!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Oh she's soooo cute!! I love dogs. Looks like some Golden Retriever, perhaps some cocker spaniel, and I'm not sure about the rest...something curly, lol!! She's adorable whatever she's mixed with, that's for sure!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Cockapoo I think.
Nope, but if you were guessing what lives in my house, you'd be right...

That's my dog Tara, a Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix. She's ten but even the vet thinks she's about two, haha.

You guys are all right on the Poodle, and there is a Spaniel but we aren't 100% sure about which one. There's no large dog in her though - we hope! She should end up weighing 15-20 pounds if the parents and her current weight are anything to go by.

On her vet records they call her an EskaCavaPoo. The dad is a Miniature Poodle/American Eskimo cross. The mother was called a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel yet she was only black and white - apparently they don't come in that color, so she's either a cross somewhere along the line or she might even be a Japanese Chin (also known as Japanese Spaniel) since they do come in black and white and they do look quite a bit like the mother.

Thanks for the comments guys! Obviously I think she's adorable too! She loves the AKC Pig I bought her that you can see in the pictures, she doesn't even seem to care for the toy that came from her old house. Her lack of attachment to her old house is kinda weird... but oh well, I'm sure she'll form an attachment to us!

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page