Storms! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Storms!

I love thunderstorms so much, and today we have the threat of severe weather for the first time this year. The front end of the storms just got here, and I gotta say, this is one heck of a storm already! I went outside to watch the clouds gather and darken, and I'm already seeing a bit of rotation in the clouds (only seen that twice in my life in WI). Winds are gusting over 50 mph already, and a bit of very small hail fell too.

As of right now, they are saying a nasty storm cell is heading right for Raleigh, with 70+ gusts of wind and possible tornadoes. I'm anticipating it being here in my area in about 15 minutes.

I've got candles going, because I know my power is going to go out (because it always does when we get a storm). I just wish my boyfriend was home...he's at work in Durham, and is going to have to drive home in this mess. I'm gonna worry till he's in the door.

Any other storm lovers out there, or anyone in the path of this particular storm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Be safe!

----------
Renée
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Jr. Cat

We had some storms in Missouri last night, but nothing bad around my house. I put my car in the garage because someone said they got hail, but we never did. I DONT like storms at all! A house a few doors down caught fire from lightening over the summer so I'm scared every time it storms LOL My mom got hail an hour away and her roof is leaking. Yikes! Stay safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Cool Cat

I guess Utah has pitiful storms, compared to tornado-inducing ones.

I do like to watch clouds roll (with or without darkening), and get to see it several times a year. I like watching lightning...from a distance. Some thunder can sound nifty, other times it's annoying (like the sharp cracks or short booms... the "rolling" and/or "growling" ones are always the best)
I also like rainbows.
I do like snow for the LOOK of it... but that's about it. Having to deal with it (and the cold) I absolutely loathe!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Premier Cat

When I was a kid i sleep walked and once when I was 4 I somehow got out of my room and out of the house. I woke up outside during a WICKED thunderstorm. It was loud enough that my parents didn't hear me banging on the door to get back in. I wound up huddled under the bench outside the front door until morning.

I don't remember the incident but to this day I'm *TERRIFIED* of thunder and lightening. Like hiding under the bed/panic attack/ hyperventilation scared.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Premier Cat

Part of me loves storms. I love to be inside with a fire going and watch the storm. I just feel so cozy. However, part of me doesn't like storms. I have a lot of large trees all around my house and I'm always worried one will come crashing down!

How are your girls with storms? Muffs doesn't mind, but Abby hates them.

I hope you didn't suffer any damage or power failures today.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Jr. Cat

We have a ton of large trees too! It scares me. I lay in bed worrying a tree is going to crash onto my house lol. it always seems to storm at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Part of me loves storms. I love to be inside with a fire going and watch the storm. I just feel so cozy. However, part of me doesn't like storms. I have a lot of large trees all around my house and I'm always worried one will come crashing down!

How are your girls with storms? Muffs doesn't mind, but Abby hates them.

I hope you didn't suffer any damage or power failures today.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Cool Cat

The tree at the edge of our yard had a really big limb that was barely hanging on. It had been cracking for quite a while. Last spring, my dad figured he would get it trimmed, if the neighbor helped pay for it (the trunk was just on the other side of the fence, but most of the limbs were over our driveway).

We have no garage... you can see where this is going? LOL

So, on one particularly windy day, with that huge branch swaying every which way... I came home from an outing, and my dad told me "Better move your car as close to the house as you can get, and back a little farther than normal". So I go out and move it. Come inside, and start puttering around in my room. About 10 minutes later my dad comes in and says "I hate to tell you this... but that big branch just crashed into your car".
Yup, I go outside and the windshield had been speared right in front of the passenger seat. If I had been 15 minutes late getting home, and parked my usual way ...er, I probably wouldn't be writing this story right now! (or at least survived with major injuries to my face/neck)

Needless to say, my dad and the neighbor had ALL the branches cut off. Now it's just a tall trunk with a bunch of stumps sticking out (why they didn't just take the whole tree down, I dunno).
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Cat

Oh wow, I love storms too! But I hatehatehate the power going out.

We've gotten a few rain showers here in Eastern Kentucky, but otherwise, it's mostly just chilly weather.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Cat Addict

I love storms! I can't wait until severe weather season. All we get this time of year is blizzards

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page