Puppy Survives Euthanasia - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Puppy Survives Euthanasia

This one will haunt me for a long time. This is heartbreaking.

Puppy survives euthanasia attempt

Underdog: Hundreds seek Okla. pup back from 'dead'

Updated: Thursday, 03 Mar 2011, 6:14 AM MST

Published : Thursday, 03 Mar 2011, 5:45 AM MST
  • KRISTI EATON,Associated Press
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Hundreds of people from the United States and Canada want to adopt an Oklahoma dog that survived an attempt to euthanize it.
The puppy was one of five stray dogs that Sulphur animal control officer Scott Prall put to sleep Friday or so he thought. Prall found one of the dogs alive Saturday in a trash bin set aside for dead animals and took it to veterinarian technician Amanda Kloski.
"He was prancing around. He heard me drive up, and he looked up and saw me," Prall said Wednesday.
He said he initially found the stray dog near the animal shelter Friday and tried to kill it by injecting the dog with two lethal doses of a sedative in a foreleg and the heart. Each dose should have been enough to kill the dog, and the second injection was meant to ensure it worked.
Kloski noted the dog's survival on a pet adoption website, drawing the attention of Marcia Machtiger of Pittsburgh, who donated $100 so Kloski could board the dog for a week.
A girl from Sulphur named the puppy Wall-e, after a Disney movie character, and Machtiger posted Wall-e's story on her Facebook page.
She and Kloski are sorting through hundreds of e-mails and phone calls from people wanting to adopt the lucky dog.
"So many people are interested," Kloski said. "Now we're going through and trying to find the adoption applications for the best home."
Wall-e will be placed in a foster home at the end of the week while the search for a permanent home continues. Both Kloski and Machtiger said they have never seen so many people want to adopt one animal.
Machtiger said people are interested in the puppy because his story is unique.
"Having been euthanized basically twice. ... It's a resurrection and a will to live and a medical anomaly," she said.
Sulphur is about 80 miles south of Oklahoma City.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Premier Cat

I hope the puppy gets a good home, whereupon it will be a sad story with a happy ending.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Cat Addict

I sure hope that the puppy will go to a good home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Cool Cat

Now if only people would get this excited to adopt dogs that are on the list scheduled to be euthanized! (and cats, too!)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid Dawn View Post
Now if only people would get this excited to adopt dogs that are on the list scheduled to be euthanized! (and cats, too!)
I agree! This is the third story I have heard in the news the last couple of months of a dog surviving being euthanized. Did anyone see the one of the rottweiler? It makes me wonder more about this process...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I read it. Where was everyone before those poor pups were euthanized? It just breaks my heart to think about the others that were never given a chance. Why oh why can't we get the animal population under control??? Can't they come up with something to put in all dog and cat food that would make them sterile?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Tom Cat

Lol, that might be dangerous because I can think of a couple of people that I think should to be sterilized, and this would be an oh so tempting thing to use
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsitively nicole View Post
lol, that might be dangerous because i can think of a couple of people that i think should to be sterilized, and this would be an oh so tempting thing to use :p
amen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page