Residents of Texas Beware... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Residents of Texas Beware...

...I just got my license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I nearly didn't; I was so nervous that I went way too fast into my first turn, yet I managed to parallel park. But yeah, I got it. YES!

Thought it would be fair to warn everyone. And also I'm obligated to make everyone else feel really old. Kidding of course!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Cat Addict

My baby sis just got her licence this year. She still scares the crap out of me.

Congrats!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Premier Cat

Congratulations! And thanks for making me feel old...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks! No hard feelings, right Susan? With age comes experience and wisdom, right? *runs away*

raecarrow-I'm pretty sure thats what my mom is thinking right now. I probably gave everyone a nervous breakdown.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Cat Addict

Oh you scared me for a minute.. >< although I'm not from Texas. Congrats! I don't want to drive because I'm scared. I rather go green and take transportation.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Tom Cat

Congratulations! Haha, I still do not know how to parallel park...I mean, I guess I could manage if I HAD to, but I'm horrific at it. Thankfully for me, that was never part of the CA driving test...at least not at my DMV. lol.

konstargirl - you are so lucky you HAVE public transportation! You really have to have a car in CA...I love driving, but I'd love to take public transportation to save money! Gas gets EXPENSIVE! (And car insurance, and maintenance, and all the rest..)

Spencer and Katie
and Lily, always in our hearts
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations, Sharpie!! Am I safe in Kansas?!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Cat

konstar: If I could I would walk. Our town doesn't even have a stop light-just a blinker. But I live outside the main part of town by the cows and maize/cotton fields For a while I'm probably just going to take myself to school and band practice haha.

ydaisies: Oh yeah, parallel parking was NOT fun. My test was really short. Just down 60 (the highway) and 3 stop signs. I literally went in a square...

Heather: For now! I've actually never been out of state before. But I might make a trip just for you haha. Watch out.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Cool Cat

If you means SH 60, then I am safe in the Metroplex. Whew. Congrats!

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Tom Cat

A driver's license is a wonderful thing. Enjoy the freedom and be very, very careful!

My sixteen year old nephew (love of my life) wants a car (and I usually buy him everything he wants) but it scares the crap out of me. I have a little gutless Suzuki I think I'll give him, but he's so big! 6'2, size 15 (yes, you read right, 15!!!) shoe that he doesn't fit very well in it. Besides, he just showed a REALLY, REALLY poor judgment when he accidently shot a neighbor's car window out with a pellet gun. He had bottles lined up in the driveway and was shooting toward the street. I knew it was a bad idea. Thankfully, that's one thing I would never buy him. His dumb*** father is responsible for that one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page