Meet my hounds :D [Picture heavy] - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Meet my hounds :D [Picture heavy]

I've posted plenty of pics of my kitty babies...

But here are my other babies.

I've had Snoopy since he was 16 weeks, before his caramel colour developed and he looked like a ghost.

Now he just looks like trouble...

Of course, being white, he feels the cold a lot... or maybe he's just a complete wuss...

We adopted Henry from a Welfare org, he'd been found wandering the streets, with no collar and no chip, and no one looking for him. He was only a year old.

Henry and Snoop love running down the beach...

14 months ago,I read a story about puppy farms and got so upset. I decided I had room in my life and on the sofa for one more. I contacted the Welfare to ask about the possibility of adopting again after Christmas. They said they'd just taken a girl basset in, could I go look that weekend? And of course, she came home. She'd been adopted before, but the couple split. She stayed with the man, who then had a bad accident and could no longer care for her. Not that he seemingly cared too much initially. She'd never been walked, her claws were so overgrown they were under her feet. She lived on takeaway food.

She's such a little darling, and really completes my little pack It's been so nice to see a frightened little girl become bold and confident and happy, even if she is a little bit of a pushy princess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Jr. Cat

I love basset hounds! The pictures are cute! I remember years upon years ago when I lived down south my parents owned a basset hound.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Cat Addict

*Melts* I love hounds!!!

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Cat Addict

Lovely Basket hounds! I love that you rescued them! They look like they are living the good life now!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Cat

Holy moly, and I thought I had it bad with my beagle's sad eyes, LOL. Your bassetts' eyes have the "poor me, can I please have a treat?" thing mastered!

There is a bassett hound next door to us and his claws are crazy long, almost like you said your rescue's claws were. I'd just noticed it the other day (I'd never been up close to him). I had no idea dog claws could grow that long.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Cat Addict

Aww, Basset Hounds! I love their ears!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Kitten

they are so gorgeous i had a basset hound/bloodhound mix but he passed away when he was 8 months old we still havent figure out why here's a pic of him his name was fred

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Tom Cat

Oh you are so lucky! What a fun bunch and how neat that you adopted one from a rescue. I always tell people if they're looking for a particular breed to try the rescues first. Pure breeds get left out with trash as often as mutts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks all.

@adsam85 - so sorry about your pup He was adorable.

Two of my three are rescues, people seem to pay for the look of the breed, without understanding them and so they're thrown out. Makes me SO angry.

The Basset welfare people organise "welfare walks" where everyone with rescued bassets meets up every other month. It's amazing to see 50+ basset hounds all tearing around - every one has a tale of differing degrees of sadness, but all now have happy new lives.

I have to say, my hounds tolerate my cats' bad behaviour quite well. The Norwegian boys steal the dogs toys, and will even take treats right out of their mouths.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Cat Addict

They are cute. It always seems like they are always sad..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page