I love the girls but - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I love the girls but

they are a commitment. They always manage to get sick at this time of year when one of my co-workers is out on Spring Break with his kids and our annual DR test is approaching.

Fay has something going on with her skin and eyes and I have to Emergency Vet her because I can't get time off from work to visit my regular vet during the day.

If I didn't have the fur kids I'd stop working for the worst employer in the world and go back to a travelling 2 weeks a month job.

Off to the E-Vet. The first one I called said they couldn't do a non- emergency because they don't have any of 'those antibiotics'. These other people better have them, my regular vet doesn't like these people at all.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Fay is VERY alergic and has a lot of scabs. She had an antibiotic, steroids and is chowing down on treats. Only $187. If she feels better it's well worth it. He said she's probably even alergic to pollen and that's why her eyes were a bit runny.

The things I do for these fur balls. It's a good thing I don't have a therapist 'cause they'd call it an addiction when it impacts my life this way.

Two is definitely all I can handle.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Tom Cat

Everyone should be so committed. Glad she's okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Cat

tee hee, Homer's eyes always are runny this time of year.
I just make sure I keep them clean and it stops in a couple weeks usually.
I love spring, but neither Homer nor I get to fully enjoy it ......wonder how he'd like the Neti Pot?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, poor Fay. Gracie is allergic like that to a flea bite. He will break out in scabs, and even loose weight. He winds up with an steroid shot at least once a year, even with flea meds (I am sure it is from the dogs carrying in fleas).

Do you knwo if they could get allergy meds? I know that dogs can use like Benadryl, or even longer acting ones ( can't think of the names right now).

I hope that she feels better soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Premier Cat

I hope Fay is feeling better soon! Yes, they are a commitment, but they're well worth it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Premier Cat

You're right, Dave, they do require a commitment and maybe even sacrifices. On the other hand, can you think of a better thing to have a commitment to?

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suwanee View Post
tee hee, Homer's eyes always are runny this time of year.
I just make sure I keep them clean and it stops in a couple weeks usually.
I love spring, but neither Homer nor I get to fully enjoy it ......wonder how he'd like the Neti Pot?
I had no idea a kitty could be laergic to pollen!!! but she is.

You shouldn't have said Neti Pot. Flashback, I used to have a co-worker who used a Neti Pot at her desk. This is not something someone should do in what's basically a public area.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie View Post
Aww, poor Fay. Gracie is allergic like that to a flea bite. He will break out in scabs, and even loose weight. He winds up with an steroid shot at least once a year, even with flea meds (I am sure it is from the dogs carrying in fleas).

Do you knwo if they could get allergy meds? I know that dogs can use like Benadryl, or even longer acting ones ( can't think of the names right now).

I hope that she feels better soon.
I normally flea med her every 3 weeks rather than 4 because she's so sensetive to flea bites. I'd let it slip to 4 weeks because there was kitty drama getting the meds on her sister kitty. Never again, the vet spread her fur and she's full of scabs. Poor wittle kitty is suffering for my negligence.

When I first adopted her she was 7 lbs and a mess. The first week I had her the vet gave me an antihistimine to give her on top of antibiotics so I guess they can have alergy meds.

I think she's on the mend. There was less biting at herself this morning.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
You're right, Dave, they do require a commitment and maybe even sacrifices. On the other hand, can you think of a better thing to have a commitment to?
Absolutely not. They are furry little balls of perfection.

Skin kids can fend for themselves but we're responsible for the kitties.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page