No April Fool's Day stories? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

No April Fool's Day stories?

I didn't pull any real big ones this year, just a couple fun ones.

I went to help set up for the no-kill shelter's big rummage sale and I went in on crutches. I said I'd do what I could, but I turned out to be pretty inept at anything. I told the shelter owner that I had slipped on cat vomit the day before and had a hairline fracture of my ankle. After a few minutes, I said it was worse with the crutches than without. I put the crutches down and went to work without even a limp. The other people "got it" and laughed. Five minutes later, the owner asked which hospital I had gone to. Seriously.

This was a better one. Last week, I got a FedEx delivery, with a delivery note that wasn't filled in. I cut off the bottom with the UPC code, filled in the blanks, and put it in my neighbor's mailbox. It was now a delivery notice for "Two large crates of LIVE ANIMALS" that had been left in "Large White Barn". They had searched and searched the huge 2-story barn and finally remembered my propensity for practical jokes. I enjoyed getting that phone call!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

You missed the biggest joke of all!

https://www.catforum.com/forum/47-lou...forum-mod.html

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Tom Cat

This year I totally forgot about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
You missed the biggest joke of all!

https://www.catforum.com/forum/47-lou...forum-mod.html

LOL! Gotta admit I was fooled, then. I didn't even read the thread, assuming it was just full of ego-stroking congratulatory posts. Good one, Hugh!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Banned

No one's stroked my ego in years
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Cool Cat

I was pretty on-guard so nothing fooled me. I was almost caught by one a fellow artist friend of mine pulled, where the night before April 1st, she said she'd decided she was never going to draw cartoon dogs and cats again (she's a fantastic cartoonist) because she had decided it was "childish" and she needed to grow up. But I before I even finished reading her post I realized it was already April 1st where she lives, and caught on. And then I was prepared for the rest of the day.

Beyond that it was the usual flurry of people claiming they were pregnant, engaged, dating someone, broken up with someone, etc.

I didn't pull any...couldn't think of anything good. My boyfriend tried convincing some of his friends he was quitting his job and moving to a different state. We considered trying that one on our boss but were too afraid he wouldn't find it funny.

My personal favorite (although it's always very obvious) are usually the ones Blizzard does for World of Warcraft. They released some fake patch notes for the game that were pretty hilarious to anyone who plays.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Premier Cat

Our poor, deaf, slight-neuro-issues Jingle Belle had a TERRIBLE April Fool's Day.

It was NOT intentional. My husband came home from work and turned on the shower ... he didn't notice that little Jingle Belle was IN the tub/shower and she got hit with the COLD water. She leapt/clawed her way up to a height of 4' (judging by the holes) on the shower curtain. Scared my husband (I heard him cry out in surprise) because he didn't know what all the racket/activity was ... until he saw Jingle Belle, soaked, rocket out of the tub and down the hall. He called to me to let me know what happened to her and I grabbed a towel and tracked her down (wet footprint path) to sop her up. Louie and Skippyjon helped lick her dry.

Poor kitty!

After husband's shower, he felt so guilty he gave her a small piece of lunchmeat as an apology.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Cat Addict

Awe! Poor Jingle Bell!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
No one's stroked my ego in years
So sorry, Hugh, I can't reach that far......

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Unintentional joke, Elsie!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page