Going for a MRI - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Going for a MRI

Today I went to the doctor and they told me that they are going to schedule an appointment for me for a MRI. They only say that because my legs didn't look so good to them( I have Lupus BTW. Had it since I was only 13). I Thought that ended lnog time ago.. >< I had a blood clot and now it's gone.

So yeah I'm a little upset right now, but I hope it all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Cool Cat

They're really not that bad...
The biggest issue with people is claustrophobia... but unless you weigh like 300+ lbs, there's plenty of room! And they are watching you, so if anything happens, you can get pulled out and taken care of... it's not like you're in there all alone!

The thing(s) that bother me most are:
Noise. Granted, you have earplugs (or headphones, if you want to listen to music or a CD or something), but you can still hear plenty of banging, groaning, whirring, clicking, etc.
Pain. I have a very bad case of scoliosis, and laying flat on my back for more than 10 minutes is uncomfortable... past 20, and I'm in agony. Even with a hydrocodone pill, it's still enough to make me cry by the time I'm finished at 45 minutes. If you don't have anything wrong with your structure, I'm sure this won't be an issue... but since you do have to lay still (and they do strap you in, unlike what TV shows like House show, where they're just laying there 'freely'!), it might get your muscles a bit cramped from no movement for about an hour or so.
Boredom. Even with music or a book CD or something... it's still not very entertaining! LOL (and my music gets interrupted every couple of minutes because they have to tell me when to take a deep breath and hold it, or exhale all the way and hold it, etc. because I get chest images done)

I'm sure you'll be okay! ^_^
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm 244 Ibs and they wanted to go deeper in my legs. I'm going to be on a IV and things but thanks for the support. MY friend also has Scoliosis too and she always get test done.

I'm at a very high risk of getting another clot. So they want to make sure there are none so yeah. The last time I had was I was first diagnose...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

And yesterday they said that they were going to give me these special socks or whatever to help elevate my legs, but I think thats when everything is al done.

I'm a little anxious..
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sure things will be ok, just keep positive thoughts in your mind, and try not to worry to badly. The stress of the worrying will only make things worse for you. I'm a worrier too, and most the time I worry for no reason at all! I know it's difficult though, the unknown is what's always hard, and I really dislike the doctor too, so I know it's not easy. Take care though, and just let us know how things go.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Hehe thanks. I mean I do like my doctors but I just don't like hearing stuff about this.. Hehe.. at least they aren't doing any surgery on me. hehe.. =D
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Cat Addict

I hope everything goes very well for you and you don't feel nervous at all. Keep thinking before hand that it will be a piece of cake and convince yourself not to be afraid. Sometimes you can either work yourself up or calm yourself down just by the way you choose to think about things.
Do you know what day it will be? I'd like to think about you and send good thoughts.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Cat

I'm sorry to hear it. I don't blame you for feeling anxious. I would be too. Do you know when you will have it done?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

June 20 is suppose to be the date that it happens. A week after I graduated from High School.

And thanks.

Last edited by konstargirl; 04-05-2011 at 07:53 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Cat Addict

I hope everything goes well and the results show everything is ok! I went for an MRI once, it didn't take that long to have the MRI and it wasn't too long a wait for the results... just think positive!

I've had an autoimmune disorder since I was a teenager as well... bleh. I didn't graduate at the same time as everyone else because of it! I later took the two courses I needed and graduated.

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page