Fall is Just Around the Corner - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Fall is Just Around the Corner

Fall is just around the corner. School buses are everywhere. The fawns have lost their spots and the deer are turning from reddish to brown. Yesterday, 26 degrees at Embarrass, MN. Even more evidence is the end of the State Fair and the airing of the first snow-blower commercial on local TV here in MN that I happened to catch this morning. Seems like only yesterday we were talking about heat waves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Premier Cat

Ugh, hurry up fall!! We're still having a mid 90's heat wave here and I've HAD IT! Thank goodness I'm in a climate controlled lab all day now, but poor MowMow is stuck at home in the heat.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Heat wave is supposed to hit here this week, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Cool Cat

It's still scorching in LA. It'll drop into the 80s for a day here and there but keeps bouncing back up to the 90s. I really look forward to the weather cooling off. I don't sleep well when it's hot and we have no central air (just a single wall unit that cools the living room fine but not the bedroom) so it's been a tiring summer.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I always remember when I was active as a Fed and I had to travel to CA in the Winter - leave at 30 below zero - arrive in LA and see people with gloves on in 60 degree weather. The best one was when I had to go to a smaller airport - outside of the major metro - I'm in the taxi to where I need to go and there are these reflector things on the road along with the white stripes. I'm just about to ask the driver how come those things don't get knocked off by the snowplows when I realize where I am. That was close!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Cat Addict

Ugh, I'm so glad the State Fair is over. We live a few blocks away and traffic is horrible during those 10 days.

Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks as of today (can you tell I'm a fan?) and I have had my first one already. Fall is officially here for me. These 70 degree days we are having are beautiful, I'm in love with them!

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Cool Cat

I almost took the hot chocolate machine out of storage this morning!

My dad gives me guff about it. "I can make hot chocolate in the microwave in 2 minutes". Yeah, but his is also lumpy and not blended and unevenly heated, and spills out of the mug when you stir it, etc. My machine does take 10 minutes, but the drink is PERFECT! Blended, heated (actually too hot, but that's okay because then I either put milk or liquid coffee creamer to help cool and make it richer!).
I have the Back To Basics Cocoa-Latte one. I don't do the coffee recipes, just hot chocolate, steamed milk and hot cider.

I have also started looking at soup recipes I want to try this fall/winter. I'm trying to be better about cooking, rather than just opening a can ;p
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Cat Addict

My boyfriend is a barista. I get homemade pumpkin spice lattes and cocoas when we have mornings alone together. DIVINE.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Ugh, hurry up fall!! We're still having a mid 90's heat wave here and I've HAD IT! Thank goodness I'm in a climate controlled lab all day now, but poor MowMow is stuck at home in the heat.
Amen to that!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

September weather is my favorite...love those mid-70's, no humidity, not a cloud in the sky days and nice cool sleeping at night.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page