T minus 5 days to Move Day.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Red face T minus 5 days to Move Day....

...and I am losing my freaking mind! I was hoping my last 4 shifts would be slow and easy, and they started out that way, but last night right before shift change we had a huge emergency (baby got stuck) and ended up with a nursery admission, I was supposed to meet someone to sell my bike and was late, they were mad, but you can't leave a sick baby until everything settles down (man, the amount of OT we put in to help support our colleagues!). There were a million emails to answer once I DID get home because we're selling everything and the last things are going (and NO, I cannot send you a closeup of the MINISCULE stain on that chair, that's why I'm only charging 20 dollars for it, you stupid!) and the cats get more and more freaked out with every piece of furniture that leaves.

One of our rideshares backed out of the longest leg of our journey, she can't get the shifts off and so now we won't have help with those expenses. I'm waffling back and forth between kenneling the kitties when we have to go for my grandfather's memorial service (only 10 days after we arrive in our new place so how stressful for them!) and trying to find a virtual stranger to look after them, either way they're going to be upset but obviously missing a funeral and a wedding in the same 3 days in my family is not an option.

Sorry to grumble I know it could be worse but there is so much to do and a lot of it can't even be done until we have both vehicles ready to pack (Monday or Tuesday). We're meant to leave on Wednesday morning and will have to clean and plug holes (even though in NS it's not mandatory and you should still get your deposit back, the place was immaculate when we moved in and I want to make sure it's okay when we leave!) and AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyone want to take over my life for a few weeks? I think I'm going back to bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Cat Addict

I hate moving too. It doesn't help that since Jitzu moved 4-5 times in her first 2 years of life she knows exactly what's going on and hates it...

*hugs* sent you a PM, I might be able to help out a bit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Premier Cat

I remember those crazy shifts working in a hospital when it all goes down the tubes in a hurry. They do not make for a relaxing time.

Here's hoping that you can at least get a peaceful moment or two before you actually get in the car to drive.

Good luck to all of you during your big move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Aw thanks guys! librarychick I PMed you back. I'm going whalewatching on Monday, maybe that'll give me some perspective! It was the only thing my friend coming from out of town had on her "must do" list so we're going to make some time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page