Flowers for the criminal?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Flowers for the criminal??

Am I missing something here?

BBC News - Suspected intruder stabbed to death in Bramhall burglary

Two men broke into a house, while the owner was home. One of the burglars was stabbed by the homeowner (with the burglar's knife) and later died of his wounds.

Quote:
Floral tributes to the dead man have been laid near the scene.
Seriously? People are leaving flowers for the intruder?? - at the homeowner's house???

And, the homeowner was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Please tell me there's more to this story, because this is a little crazy to me.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 09-19-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

The guy killed someone. He should be under suspicion of murder. You can't take someone's life and expect to get away with it. If it was self defence however, I hope he doesn't get jailed if that turns out to be the case.

However, the flowers thing is utterly bizarre.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Cool Cat

I don't agree with killing people but really, if you have two armed intruders IN your house I don't think you should be investigated for murder. Two wrongs do not make a right but whether his life was at risk or not, the homeowner would have been terrified that two armed intruders were in his home. There are too many laws that go more for people committing crimes than those who are being affected by them.

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

If you break into someone else's house, you deserve to be stabbed!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Ted
Cat

This doesn't surprise me.

We live in a country where a celebrity can dangle his baby from a balcony with not even a slap on the wrist.

I'm sure if a mugger was sprayed with pepper spray, he could sue his victim for damaging his eyes.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Premier Cat

I'm not sure how it works in Jolly Ol'e England but here we have the right to defend ourselves. If he was INSIDE the man's home and was stabbed for his efforts then as Huge said, it's self defense. The police will of course investigate.

As for people coming onto my property and leaving flowers....... they'd be facing the police for trespassing.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Cat Addict

Some people embrace being victims.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I'm not sure how it works in Jolly Ol'e England but here we have the right to defend ourselves. If he was INSIDE the man's home and was stabbed for his efforts then as Huge said, it's self defense. The police will of course investigate.

As for people coming onto my property and leaving flowers....... they'd be facing the police for trespassing.
Oh no, no, no. According to Hugh ALL LIFE IS SACRED!!

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned

According to you it's perfectly fine to shoot anyone in the face who dares set foot on the first millimetre of your land, even if you've given them permission or they have a right to be there, after all all visitors are always plotting to do evil things to you. I should be shot for just disagreeing with you.

I already said if the guy was defending himself then he shouldn't be jailed. I just believe killing someone is wrong no matter what the circumstances.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
According to you it's perfectly fine to shoot anyone in the face who dares set foot on the first millimetre of your land, even if you've given them permission or they have a right to be there, after all all visitors are always plotting to do evil things to you. I should be shot for just disagreeing with you.
Yes. That's exactly my view. No distortion there at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page