Neuter-a-thon - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Neuter-a-thon

Hundreds of cats seized from a major High Springs hoarding case are being shuttled this week to the University of Florida veterinary college to be spayed or neutered, tested and treated in preparation for an adoption event

Ongo | Seized cats being readied for adopt-a-thon on Aug. 26-28

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.

Last edited by marie73; 09-26-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: removed picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Premier Cat

Oh man, that picture is disturbing. I know these things happen and I know why, but wow, that's hard to look at.

But overall, it's great that someone intervened and these kitties have a shot at finding a new home.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Looks like the pic was offensive and was removed from my post.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

It wasn't offensive, but it was a bit disturbing. If people want to see it, they can click on the link.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Cat

For what it's worth: As an adult that picture was facinating and disturbing in a very science medical oriented sort of way (i was and still am facinated by the concept of assembly line surgery). As a mom & knowing there are kids on the site - better to have to follow the link off site to see it.

As I was reading about that whole 'case' there seemed to be a fair amount of controversy. Makes me sad when good ideas go so very bad.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I thought it had a cuteness to it

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Premier Cat

Those pictures are what rescuers see out in the field. Its an unfortunate reality. Only people speaking up can stop this type of hording going on.

I hope the blind kitty is not euthanized. Dave did you contact BCR and share the video with Alana since there was a blind kitty in the video? She can get the word out on her FB page. I was in tears watching this. But so grateful this was stopped. Those people need mental health counciling and ordered never to have pets ever. They are twisted sick. Im going between anger and hurt seeing those cats.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Tom Cat

Disturbing pics, etc

Now I'm not saying that disturbing images and the like should be "shoved down the public's throat" and where children have access it's a tough choice sometimes. BUT I personally believe that at least part of the reason that we have some of the issues that we do as a society is that "we" try too hard to insulate ourselves (and others) from some of the grimmer truths out there. Acknowledging suffering is where compassion can begin. Just sayin'.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle View Post
Now I'm not saying that disturbing images and the like should be "shoved down the public's throat" and where children have access it's a tough choice sometimes. BUT I personally believe that at least part of the reason that we have some of the issues that we do as a society is that "we" try too hard to insulate ourselves (and others) from some of the grimmer truths out there. Acknowledging suffering is where compassion can begin. Just sayin'.
I totally agree with you.

Also, this video with all these suffering kitties should give some answers to the "why do we have to neuter our cats!" people.

Just saying.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I didn't think the hoarding film was cute. I thought the pic in the text article of the kitties ready for surgery had a kitty cuteness to it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page