Cozy book nook! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Cozy book nook!

Read any good books lately? Our Library had a 'Steampunk Summer'. At the time it wasn't quite my thing,but I picked up a flier-last week- and started checking out some of the book reccs. A lot of them are wonderful fun kid's classics-20,000 Leagues Under The Sea,Jekyll and Hyde,War of The Worlds,The Invisible Man, King Solomon's mines,and some are new.

Any S.M. Sterling fans around here? I've only read 2 chapters of The Peshawar Lancers and I'm hooked.

And there's silly stuff-good silly-like Flaming London.

It's cold and rainy,so I might just stay snuggled up with R.H. reading some good books!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Cat Addict

Just finished re-reading one of my favorite books, American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I try to read it every few years. I never get tired of it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Tom Cat

I'm finishing up the third book in The Hunger Games. Fabulous series. Can't wait for the movie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Tom Cat

Since I've had all my books in storage cause of bouncing around to multiple locations for his job & just got them here, I'm rereading a lot of the older books. David Drake's Hammer's Slammers fyi: he put some of his really old stuff on-line as free e-books. Andre Norton - who can resist her telepathic cats. Rita mae Brown's Foxhunting series. The Midnight Louie mystery series is the next series to revisit. Then on to Elizabeth Moon - she has 3 series I want to reread plus the Lord of the North has been released as a hardback but it looks as if the library can't get me a copy for at least 5 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page