Amanda Knox to go free! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Amanda Knox to go free!

She won her appeal...anyone been following this? From what I've seen on T.V.,yahoo news and the papers it's not a CLEAR-CUT case of murder. I guess in Europe they still believe in 'crimes of passion'... I think they decided 4 years in the slammer was enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Senior Cat

I've been following the case from England. In cases like this you will never truly know the truth. But with not only a lack of evidence, but also evidence that was exaggerated and misleading, it's difficult to comprehend how it was initially used in court.

There has been such media hype around the case, that it has been easy to forget the real victim here. Whilst it's understandable that the Knox family were happy with Amanda's aquittal, I find it hard to understand why they displayed such little compassion for the Kercher family. Sollecito's Father acknowledged the greiving family.

I don't know what to believe. I think the media has a lot to answer for- we will never know the truth because of them. But we do know that Rudy Guede confessed to the murder years ago now.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Cat Addict

Heard a bit on the drive home tonight and it sounds as if the DNA in the case was called into question? When the media gets this involved, it's hard to know what's real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

After seeing a program on it this weekend, I think it was pretty clear she and her boyfriend weren't involved. The new DNA results and other evidence made it seem like they were definitely railroaded. The prosecutor apparently has a reputation for never backing down, even when he's been proven wrong.

I was on the fence before seeing this latest program, now I'm so glad they've been freed!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Premier Cat

Yeah, I watched a documentary on them (20/20 I think) and it really did sound like she was railroaded. There was just no direct evidence and that other guy (the one who sued her for slander) seemed like a *WAY* better suspect. Someone did get away with murdering that girl, but I don't think it was Amanda Knox.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Premier Cat

I think it was the right outcome, I don't believe she had anything to do with the murder.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Banned

She wasn't a nice person at all, but she probably wasn't a murderer.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Amanda Knox was the cheerleader on HEROES? 1st time I heard THIS! I'll have to rent seasons 1 and 2 again! And watch them this time. If they're not rented out...

OT, any word on when the Astro City movie's coming out?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

Hayden Panettiere
That was the cheerleader....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemilk View Post
Amanda Knox was the cheerleader on HEROES? 1st time I heard THIS! I'll have to rent seasons 1 and 2 again! And watch them this time. If they're not rented out...

OT, any word on when the Astro City movie's coming out?
The actress you're referring to is Hayden Panettier, who played Amanda Knox in a Lifetime movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page