Kids these days...*sigh* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Kids these days...*sigh*

Wow...absolutely ungrateful! Not only did I save up money to buy my own car, I worked another job to get it repainted. Yeah, I didn't like that it was green, but I lived with it for a year or so until I could get it repainted with hard earned money myself! (btw, Maaco ruined the seal on my door so I had wind-sound when driving down the freeway, and rain leaked inside...but hey, at least I liked the REST of my car! LOL)

Also, did you notice that the mother seemed more upset (and stormed back in the house!) than the daughter? I feel bad for the dad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

I would have literally kicked her out the house and disowned her.

Kid's been taught well by her mother by the looks of things.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Premier Cat

My father would have returned the car and I'd NEVER see another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Heck, my father doesn't GIVE me cars in the first place!

The car I have right now, he wrote a check in the full amount, so I could get it right then (since my other car completely died and was basically scrap metal at that point). But I had to pay him back. Yes, he was nice enough not to charge me interest, and let me pay whatever I could (tried to do at least $50 a month, but usually did more for $100+)... but I did pay all $3,800 back, and it is MY car.
I think I actually appreciate it more, since I did have to earn it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

My parents never gave me a car. And when I got married, we couldn't afford 2. I was 40 before I had my own car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I just got a great idea!

If I was that dad, this is what I would do. Take the red NICE car back, and get a BLUE clunker that barely runs. Bring it home and say "There.. now you have a BLUE car. Happy?"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Premier Cat

Is this for real? Wow!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Premier Cat

I'd be highly embarrassed if that was my daughter! That's just sick!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Cat

OMG what a spoilt rich brat. Was going to use a stronger term but decided to make the Mods job easier.

When I bought my first car, I saved up all the money for it. It was a real clunker. When I went to pay for it Dad said, "Since you saved up the money I will pay for half it."

I raised my kids likewise. The eldest daughter's first car was a real junker. The first thing that went out was the starter. "Dad, when will you have time to fix my car?" "Never" which sent her crying to mom. I told her she should of ask when will you have the time to help me fix the car.
Next thing that went was the brakes. She learned quickly. "Dad, when will you have the time to help me fix the car." She bought the brake pads and we fixed that weekend. There were several other things that went wrong with the car that we had father/daughter time fixing. At first she didn't like getting grease under her nails but got use to it.

She married a salior that just enlisted in the Navy. Now new Navy enlisties don't make much money. She would do brake jobs, tune ups and small repairs for all the women in the apartment complex when their husbands were out at sea. She would make them buy the parts and charge maybe a $20 fee for labor. Win win for both parties. She was known as the "Car Lady." Someone would call and she would tot her toolbox across the lot at the apartments and fix it. Of course I got a lot of phone calls from her.

When my son was 15 1/2 the neighbor had a car for sell and the top end of the engine was littarly in the trunk. I bought it for him and he bought the parts. Of course I wouldn't work on it if he wasn't around.

I agree, I would have taken it back and bought her a blue clunker. "Now there is your blue car. You pay for all the repairs."

My cats aren't spoilt, Just well loved.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Cat Addict

I have a POS car that my parents helped me buy 4 yrs ago that breaks down all the time. My mom bought me a AAA membership. I wouldn't ask for anything more. I've never even thought about the color of my car, I'm just concerned with whether or not it runs.

He needs to disown the mother and daughter asap.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page